jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Featured Hub on Hub Pages topics pages?

1. AlliOop profile image60
    AlliOopposted 3 years ago

I have a hub that is showing as featured on my profile and has been indexed by Google. But when I go to explore hubs it isn't showing up on the list of Featured Hubs. Is this something I should be concerned about or am I worrying unnecessarily? I've looked in All Topics and in the topic the hub is in.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

"Featured" on your Hubs and "Featured Hubs" are two different things.

When one of your Hubs is "Featured", it means that it is available to search engines like Google.  If it's not featured, it's semi-private - only HubPages members, and anyone you send the link to, can see it.

AlliOopposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the clarification. Didn't know there was a difference.

2. Simone Smith profile image92
    Simone Smithposted 3 years ago

Sorry for the confusion! Perhaps we should change that wording on Topic Pages. Thanks for bringing this up!

3. derek gulbranson profile image81
    derek gulbransonposted 3 years ago

AlliOop, Featured Hubs should indeed appear on topics pages, though not necessarily on the first page. Did you check every page of the topic in question? They can be somewhat hard to find because they're not sorted directly by publish date.

It may be much harder to find them on the "All Topics" pages because there are so many pages to go through, but they should be in there as well someplace.

AlliOopposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I did check all pages of the main topic and didn't see it, but I was finally able to find it when I went to the page for the subtopic.