jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

New Hubber looking for feedback

1. AlliOop profile image61
    AlliOopposted 3 years ago

Hey, I'm new to HP, and to writing online content. I've written 2 hubs and would really appreciate some feedback from some of you guys out there. What am I doing right? What am I doing wrong? I would like to get some constructive criticism before starting work on another hub.

1. 0
      summerberrieposted 3 years ago in reply to this

HI, AliOop.
      It would be nice if you'd provide readers with a short bio...
      The tax hub looks okay....did not read it for typos just content and layout.
      The coupon hub is going to have lots of competition. I've seen better here on hubpages. I did not notice any new information that I have not seen before, so if I were you I'd vamp it up just a bit more....google it and take a look at those who rank page 1 - that is your competition....
      Good luck here at HP

2. Deltachord profile image81
      Deltachordposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I looked  at your Hub: Should the Wealthy Pay More Taxes?
      Try breaking up your longer paragraphs into somewhat shorter ones. It will be easier to read.

2. nikhilchandra profile image77
    nikhilchandraposted 3 years ago

I looked at your Hub and I do have a few suggestions to make.
    1. As suggested above break up your paragraph into short pithy paragraphs. Reasearch show that user generally don't read long paragraphs and skip them altogether. The technical term is skimming hence formatting is of utmost importance. Use Bold and Italics Tags etc cleverly to highlight impotant points
    2. Try to have different formatting as in using bullet points and numbered lists so that user could understand what you are saying
    3. You coulds have used table in your Hub Should the Wealthy Pay More Taxes? for displaying  tax brackets
    4 More the variety of capsules you use more are the chances of your Hub being featured e.g. table, graphs, quiz
    5. Use more images

3. AlliOop profile image61
    AlliOopposted 3 years ago

Thanks everyone for your feedback and advice. Based on your suggestions, I made a few adjustments to the hub about taxes to make it a bit easier to read.

4. MomsTreasureChest profile image75
    MomsTreasureChestposted 3 years ago

Welcome to HubPages!  It looks like you're off to a great start.  My suggestion would be to add a little more content to the coupon Hub, it's less than 500 words and the experts here on HubPages suggest 600 to 1000 words. 

Good luck with your writing!