jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

I am trying to enable my cookies.

1. ninathewriter profile image61
    ninathewriterposted 7 years ago

I am new to hubpages.com and I am trying to start a page.  However it is instructing me to  enable cookies on my browser.  I use moxzilla fox, which I followed the directions, which are so simple.  But I still can't get past the security code.  Does anyone know how I can get past this, so I can start hubbing!

Thank you,

Nina Lewis

1. Fawntia profile image
      Fawntiaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

It is rare, and we are not certain why, but a few people have had a similar problem with the captcha (security code) on the hub naming page. You might try updating your browser if you do not already have the latest version. We will be making changes to the site soon which will hopefully solve your problem. So perhaps your best bet is to wait and try again later today or tomorrow.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

(I am a software engineer at HubPages.)

2. Fawntia profile image
    Fawntiaposted 7 years ago

The changes have been made to the site. Please try making another hub and let us know if you are still having problems. Thanks!

3. 60
    jjsundarposted 5 years ago

When I try to create a hub, it asks for a security code and when it is provided, it takes long time to process and finally the security code is not recognized. Any help in resolving this will be much appreciated.

1. Glenn Stok profile image98
      Glenn Stokposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The security code is actually the "captcha" used to defer non-human posts. The captcha system seems to be causing trouble anywhere it's used. I am sure HP staff will be working on this. See more on this... http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/73463#post1596050

4. 60
    bazzaarposted 5 years ago

I am suffering from exactly the same problem as jjsundar as well. Considering the original reports were 2 years ago - it does not bode well !!

1. Glenn Stok profile image98
      Glenn Stokposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The problem just appeared again this morning. It did not exist for two years. Captcha is only used on Hubs for new Hubbers. You won't need to deal with it after a while. But I just ran into a similar problem this morning on something else that uses Captcha. 

CAPTCHA is an acronym that stands for "Completely Automated Public Turing Test To Tell Computers and Humans Apart." It is a service run by an independent firm, not HP.

1. 60
        bazzaarposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the reply, Glenn

5. ljv21 profile image78
    ljv21posted 5 years ago

getting the same problem here

6. TerryGl profile image60
    TerryGlposted 5 years ago

Hey guys, this thread was started two years ago...

1. Rosie2010 profile image83
      Rosie2010posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I noticed.  But the HP computer has been jumpy for a couple of days now... but a new thread should have been started to let the HP staff know.