jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Ads invaded my hub!!!

1. IreneBissou profile image83
    IreneBissouposted 3 years ago

I wrote a hub about free samples and posted it about a month ago. I turned off Google ads because they distract a lot from the main content, and was happy with the appearance of my hub. I returned to it today to realize that every word that says "coupon", "free", "free stuff" etc, is underlined and flashes some sort of ad.

Here is my hub with over 10 ads on it that I did not allow!

http://irenebissou.hubpages.com/hub/Bes … ee-samples

My hub now looks spam-y and trashy. I really do not like this. Anyone knows how to get rid of it?

Thank you,
    Irene Bissou

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 3 years ago

HubPages does not have in-line text ads. 

What you are describing is the result of malware on your own computer.  You'll want to take the necessary steps to scan for and get rid of it.

3. MelissaBarrett profile image59
    MelissaBarrettposted 3 years ago

She's right.  I looked from a logged out comp and they aren't there for me either.

4. paradigmsearch profile image91
    paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago

You are doomed...

5. Cheeky Girl profile image84
    Cheeky Girlposted 3 years ago

Your browser is displaying wrongly, abnormally so - update it and scan your pc for malware or viruses today.

6. Paul Maplesden profile image92
    Paul Maplesdenposted 3 years ago

Malwarebytes is a great place to start if you're scanning for malware and viruses (and it's free). Webroot is excellent as well, and i believe has a free trial.

7. IreneBissou profile image83
    IreneBissouposted 3 years ago

Indeed, I run a PC Cleaner today and all the ads are gone. Thank you very much!