jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Statistics on HP and GA usually different for same time period

1. brakel2 profile image84
    brakel2posted 4 years ago

This may have come up before, but my traffic on my statistics pages has been low for past four or five days. My traffic on Google Analytics is much higher. Thanks.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image78
      Matthew Meyerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Can you provide some specific details as to what counts you expect?
      Screenshots of your Google Analytics for a specific Hub for a specific period would be the most helpful.

2. brakel2 profile image84

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/7624774_f248.jpg

@brakel2 I looked at your screenshot and I see a date range and the number 73.
      In order to do research related to traffic, we need more details than you have provided.

How about you pick an individual Hub.

What is the URL for the Hub?

What number is Google Analytics showing for that Hub (please provide screenshot)?

Is it the same time period as the stats you are comparing on HubPages (a screenshot might help here too, that way we are sure we are talking about the same thing)?

What view count is the Hub showing on your HubPages stats?

Once we have those details we should be able to do some further research on our end and determine what might be going on.

3. brakel2 profile image84

I did a screenshot for one day for a hub.

Can you please let me know what Hub it was?

4. derek gulbranson profile image80
    derek gulbransonposted 4 years ago

In my own experience Google Analytics will never correlate exactly with metrics recorded in other systems even when the date ranges are identical. I've never really found a great answer why, but I speculate it's due to time zone differences, the sampling algorithm used by Google Analytics (not all traffic is actually recorded), and how their asynchronous javascript tag works. This is one reason why Google Analytics wouldn't be a good place of record for visits.

How much do the two disagree by? If it's less than 100 I would probably just ignore it. The HubPages metrics should be more robust and accurate.

1. brakel2 profile image84
      brakel2posted 4 years ago in reply to this

It is less than 100, so we can ignore it. My screen shot is not clear. You cannot see clearly the name of hub nor the number of visits. I understand what you are saying, and thanks for the help.

working