jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Apply Featured and Idled system to Questions too

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago

On another thread, it's been highlighted that many Questions are poor quality.  Even a good quality Question can get very few answers, if it's not of interest to fellow Hubbers.

Assuming Questions are indexed, why wouldn't low quality Questions be just as damaging to HubPages as low quality Hubs?   Can Google tell the difference between a Question page and a Hub page? 

I'd be the first to say that I'm not a fan of the Featured process for Hubs, but since Questions aren't subject to as many quality standards as Hubs, something needs to be done.

1. Judi Bee profile image87
      Judi Beeposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Oh no, this could just tip us all over the edge ... big_smile

(Totally agree though!)

2. Simone Smith profile image91
    Simone Smithposted 3 years ago

LOL @Judi Bee.

It's not a bad idea, though we've got our hands full with Hubs as it is, and we would have to develop an entirely different rating system for Questions. It's something we'll surely consider in the long run, but probably not over the next couple of months.

Thanks for the suggestion, Marisa Wright! smile

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I guess my point is that you're spending a lot of time worrying about middling-quality Hubs, when you only have to look at Questions to see they are some of the worst content on HubPages. 

Since the Panda score is based on the worst pages on a site, I'd have thought the priority should be to address the worst aspects first.