The Problem of Excessive Focus on AdSense Approval

1. Spongy0llama profile image93
    Spongy0llamaposted 3 years ago

I can't help but feel that the constant questions and forum posts by people concerned about their AdSense rejection(s) and obsession with immediate acceptance into the program severely diminishes the spirit of

Although there is a revenue sharing aspect to the website, it is still designed as a platform for knowledgeable and skilled writers to contribute quality reading material online. I don't think it is unfair to say that people who are only here for the money and try to do so with quickly written low quality hubs have no place here.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I disagree.  What is the purpose of HubPages as a business?  To make money through advertising revenue from Hubs.  You'll notice HubPages' Apprenticeship program does not coach members in how to write well - it coaches members in how to write search-engine-friendly articles, i.e. articles with money-making potential.

HubPages is primarily designed for people who want to make money from their writing, because that's necessary if the site itself is to be successful.   That doesn't meant that those people write poorly - it is possible to be a paid writer and still care about quality (think novelists, journalists or anyone else who writes for a living). 

There are plenty of websites (e.g. storywrite) designed specially for people who want to write for writing's sake.  HubPages is not one of them, although such writers are welcome here.

2. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago

I disagree.  I am here for the money, and don't appreciate the suggestion that I should be made to feel unwelcome.

Getting Adsense is a crucial thing for many fellow hubbers, they are experiencing problems, and we should support them.  If only by being sympathetic.