No clicks on Adsense, despite thousands of impressions

1. BristolBoy profile image82
    BristolBoyposted 3 years ago

Hi all,

Not been involved on Hubpages (or other such websites) for a long time as I have been too busy but was looking to come back.  I was just checking out traffic, earnings etc from various sources and notice that Ihaven't had any clicks on my Adsense ads within hubpages for a long period of time (since the beginning of September).  Adsense shows an awful lot of impressions and I have infact managed to earn a little bit without any clicks.  In this time, I have continued to earn from the Hubpages ad program (recieving several payouts) and also earned from Google Adsense on other websites (such as Infobarrel, Webanswers, my own sites etc) so this leads me to think it could probably be an issue with Hubpages rather than Google Adsense?

Is there anything that is known on this - as can be seen I am getting traffic (tens of thousands of impressions that is mostly organic according to Analytics) yet am not getting any clicks?

Apologies if this has been covered before, searched both Hubpages and Google but couldn't find anything. 

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago

Hi Bristolboy, long time no see!

If you're on the HP Ads program, your Hubs show only one Adsense ad, which is right at the bottom of the page.  Chances are 99% of your readers never notice it!  That's why most of us find our Adsense income has tanked.

You can switch off the HP program temporarily - say, for a month - and see if you do better with Adsense alone, but most people find they're better off on HP Ads.

I should clarify that you will often see Adsense ads elsewhere, but they're actually part of, and paid through the HP Ads program.

1. BristolBoy profile image82
      BristolBoyposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hi Marissa - thanks for the clarification.  I shall turn that off and see what difference it makes.