jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (14 posts)

Women - what attracts you to a man?

1. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 3 years ago

I'm talking physical attraction here. For me, a man doesn't have to be handsome, but he has to be masculine. In fact, I've never cared for men who were too "pretty." I like hairy chests, hairy legs, etc. And this is sorta weird, but I've always liked men's hands. My husband has great hands, but his feet are awful! lol Oh, I like good teeth, too.

2. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 3 years ago

Habee, are you getting ready to write a hub about what attracts people? 

When I was younger, I was attracted to tall, dark and Jewish.  I don't why, because I'm not Jewish.  But I lived in the midwest near a university that attracted many Northeastern, smart men.   I loved the dark hair.
    Now I'm attracted more to a personality than a look, although I also look at a man's hands and his forearms.  Super sexy to me to see a nice pair of hands!  I still like dark hair. I tend to be attracted now to a more tech savvy type guy.  He has to have a great smile and sense of humor, and gorgeous eyes, not overweight, but not super buffed either. (although I won't object!) I'm attracted to a man who obviously takes care of himself, but doesn't look like he spends too much time in front of the mirror.

3. 0
    Beth37posted 3 years ago
  4. Pearldiver profile image85
    Pearldiverposted 3 years ago

To be fair Ladies....

Surely, how well the hands touch is more important?

Out of interest...
    how important is the guy's mind on a scale of 1 - 1,000,000 ??
    (You know, within acceptable head size!)  sad

1. 0
      Beth37posted 3 years ago in reply to this

His wit, heart and intellect mean the most.

5. Shanna11 profile image92
    Shanna11posted 3 years ago

I'm honestly more attracted to personality. Even the most attractive guys haven't held my attention for more than five seconds if they have gigantic egos or think the world of themselves. There are no specific physical features. I've liked guys who are 100% physically different from each other.

6. MissJamieD profile image80
    MissJamieDposted 3 years ago

Oh my goodness I've always been attracted to men's hands. That's funny:) And I agree with you 100% on what you say about men's looks. Pretty boys are usually stuck on themselves, egomaniacs, I refuse to give them one second of my precious time. My boyfriend, to me, is so sexy it's ridiculous! But I've had people say "I never would've seen you two together", and obviously other people see us as very different in a physical aspect. I've been with "pretty" boys before and had so many problems with them that at this point in my life I subconciously gave up on looks and went for personality. Like I said, my boyfriend now is far from ugly, he's an amazing beast of a man, he's got sexy man-hands that I just want to lick every time I see them, he's got hair on his chest and arms and legs and face. He's muscular and has a sexy voice and sexy eyes and smile, but he's not a "pretty" boy. He's the perfect combination of sexy and manly and he's also sensitive and has just enough femininity to care about what I want and need as a woman. I rarely have to ask him for anything, he gets me. He gets women. Yet he used to be a fighter, he's fought several guys at once, and won. He was going to train for MMA fighting but has too many responsibilities right now to do that. He's perfection to me. Manly, sweet, sexy, and kind/compassionate.

1. 0

Uh yeah... he does sound great. I love MMA.

7. jaraven9 profile image60
    jaraven9posted 3 years ago

I'm attracted to scruffiness... long hair, beards, but my husband is the complete opposite of that!  I grew up around bikers and they all had that scruffy characteristic, but then over the years I've come to realize that what I'm really attracted to is that whole air of strong presence.  The ability to command everyone's attention when they walk into a room without even trying.  Confidence and masculinity is totally sexy.

8. Stina Caxe profile image87
    Stina Caxeposted 3 years ago

I've always liked tall, dark and employed.

1. 0

9. 71
    logic,commonsenseposted 3 years ago

The comments about the hands are very interesting!  One woman once told me that "she just loved my hands!"   Another woman would just stare at my hands and sometimes my feet.  They are large as well.

1. timorous profile image91
      timorousposted 3 years ago in reply to this

and what were YOU staring at..were they large as well? big_smile

1. 71
        logic,commonsenseposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I'll never tell! smile