jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Adding Featured Hubs to "In the Spotlight" Slideshow.

1. kidsandcrafts profile image60
    kidsandcraftsposted 4 years ago

Hi there! I was able to edit my profile so my hubs are now in the "In the Spotlight" section, thanks to the advice of a hubber. I currently have 7 hubs, all are featured right now however, only 6 are "In the Spotlight" section. When I go to my profile page I can see 6 out of the 7 hubs that I've created in the "In the Spotlight" list. I tried removing one and replacing it with the new hub (the 7th one) however, this new hub isn't even one of the options. I thought maybe I was limited to only six but I see other pages that have many. Obviously I'm missing a step here. I've searched Hubpages for answers but I was unsuccessful.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Jennifer

2. Simone Smith profile image92
    Simone Smithposted 4 years ago

Hi Jennifer!
    Chances are the first image in that seventh Hub is sized in such a way that makes it incompatible with that spotlight carousel (e.g. too small). What I recommend is finding a replacement image that is large and high resolution and giving it another go. big_smile

3. Missy Mac profile image89
    Missy Macposted 4 years ago

I had a similar problem and had to wait for the newer article to stop pending.  The next day it was an options to add from my profile.  I am unsure if your article was pending at the time.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image79
      Matthew Meyerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

By default, only featured Hubs are displayed on profiles.
      You can change a setting to allow non-featured if you would like.
      You can find more info here:
      http://hubpages.com/faq/#HubsOnProfile

4. kidsandcrafts profile image60

Thanks for the replies!
    The Hub I'm speaking of is published and featured...maybe it's the size of the photo. I know I can edit the hub but it will go back into the 24 hr pending process, correct? The photos are trial and error for me right now. In order for the image to appear a decent size on my profile page, I have to use a really big image as the first picture in the hub.
    Thanks for your help!!!

The FAQ entry explains the image size requirement as well.

5. kidsandcrafts profile image60

It worked! Thanks so much!

Glad to hear it worked! You are very welcome.

working