jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Suggestion for Like button

1. MissJamieD profile image81
    MissJamieDposted 3 years ago

It'd be nice to have a Like buttom similar to Facebook or some type of quick click reply to comments. Sometimes I love to read but don't have time to reply to everything I read. I'd like to be able to Like someones comments.....????

2. Simone Smith profile image92
    Simone Smithposted 3 years ago

We've considered such features in the past and are definitely still open to them! I'd love to be able to do this too.

I don't think we'll have the bandwidth to take this on right away, but I'm making a note of it and shall bring it up as soon as we wrap up some of our more urgent features and bug fixes. big_smile

1. MissJamieD profile image81
      MissJamieDposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Wonderful!! I'm excited:) Thank you for responding. Have a great day!

3. Astra Nomik profile image70
    Astra Nomikposted 3 years ago

I noticed that the Goodreads website that deals with books and writers has a "G" bookmark button, different from the Google buttons, but very noticeable. It is being recognised on many websites and I saw it on 2 websites in the last 24 hours. I wonder could there be a "H" button bookmark feature for HubPages. It could link to or refer to pages for writers on Hub Pages.

I added their API page link.

Check their buttons at the bottom of the page, they look interesting.

Hub Pages is also a community of writers. If they can do it, why can't we....? I honestly think there is huge potential in such ideas and I support it very much. Hub Pages has most of what would already be needed. If a writer had a Hubs dashboard and a place to manage things (which we do) and could be offered more as writers, we would not only use these useful features - to promote books or whatever - this would bring lots of users to Hub Pages.

Sync a hub profile to a Blog page, and vice versa - we have the means
    Stats, widgets, buttons - we have some of these
    panels and discussion groups - we have already
    Adding a blog, events or videos - we could have it added

These are just suggestions, but there is no limit if we remove barriers...