jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Caption on Photos

1. MM Del Rosario profile image79
    MM Del Rosarioposted 7 years ago

This must be a silly question, but I just want to know if captions on photos are considred content / are they being read by the bot/

Say I wrote a 200 word artice and put about 5-7 photos with captions - are the captions being crawled by google ?   

1. rmshdc profile image61
      rmshdcposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I am also interested to know this answer.  And also if the heading (title of the capsuls?  Do they are counted and taken in by google crawlers?

2. darkside profile image84
    darksideposted 7 years ago

Any text displayed as text (and not an image) on a webpage is "crawlable" and "indexable" by Search Engines.

3. Research Analyst profile image78
    Research Analystposted 7 years ago

Yes titles and captions on photo capsules are considered text. It is a good idea to use captions and photo titles that have the same keywords as your overall theme or topic.

How I learned this was one day I was researching information for a hub and I went to Google Images and I noticed that one of the photos I had used in one of my older hubs was listed under the same keyword in google images. 'So that explains where some of my traffic is coming from.'

4. Inspirepub profile image87
    Inspirepubposted 7 years ago

Not only that, but if you have an image at the top of your Hub, or floated in your first capsule, the caption of that image is considered the first text in your Hub.

If you leave the summary text on auto-generate, it will start with your image caption, then go on to the first text in your capsule. This can mess up a well-planned, catchy intro when displayed in the search results, RSS feeds and on the Hub listing pages.

If you have an image at the top of your Hub, hand-write the summary!