jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Google traffic

1. cptjarum profile image56
    cptjarumposted 3 years ago

I don't understand why even though my hubs are featured I don't get any google traffic like non at all. Is it because I choose lame topics or what?

1. MelissaBarrett profile image61
      MelissaBarrettposted 3 years ago in reply to this

1. Your hubs are less than a month old.
      2. Your titles are either very vague or with the few that are concise you are in a high-competition keywords. (Weight Loss/reviews of current popular movies).

A little keyword research would probably fix the second problem... only time will fix the first smile

Check out the learning center or one of the bazillion hubs on keyword research... maybe three or four of the bazillion hubs on keyword research.

cptjarumposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hi Melisa. Thank you for the tips will look into key word searches I have heard about them but never actually used them. Thanks again

2. Louise Lately profile image89
      Louise Latelyposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hi there, it's a good idea to input quality keywords and research them through Google Trends, I've written a hub on this - that way your hubs have a much higher chance of appearing in searches.

2. crazyhorsesghost profile image86
    crazyhorsesghostposted 3 years ago

Yes you really should not expect traffic to a new account for six months or so. But you can speed things up by doing careful key word research. When you do a Hub pick out a main Key Word for it and try to keep that key word at 2.5 percent or a little less.

There is a place you can check key word density.

A free grammar checker, spell checker and etc.  can be found at

Your titles are also very important. Use Google's Ad Words tool to look for a popular title.

Know what you write about inside and out and do in depth research to make sure you provide all the needed information.

I do best with articles that are 1500 words to 3000 words in length. Also add in photos, polls, and videos.

The more content rich you can make your Hubs the more visitors they will get.

cptjarumposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hi crazyhorse thanks a lot for the pointers.  Will definitely add more flesh to my hubs.

3. waynet profile image49
    waynetposted 3 years ago

It's always a good rule of thumb to dominate or attempt to...the content areas you know about well and then test other content areas in between. Useful content will be more likely shared around the Internet whilst factual content might be and it might not as people seem to hit the Wikipedia articles first or find that first in search.

Do a few backlinks of your own, not spamming your stuff, just a few to give your articles a gentle push through Twitter, Facebook or even your own website if you have one (which you should!) but then bare in mind your Facebook and Twitter shares might be spamming in itself because your backlinks won't be targeted 98% of the time and it will get on peoples tits if you spam their feeds. It's all a numbers game. Write lots of articles in multiple places, link up what's relevant, promote what you need to promote. Keep writing and keep expanding and experimenting!