jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

How is the order of hubs on topic pages determined?

1. Paul Maplesden profile image90
    Paul Maplesdenposted 3 years ago

Hi there,

I'm just curious - Does anyone know how the order of individual hubs on topic pages is determined? Is it by traffic, hubscore or something else?

2. Simone Smith profile image93
    Simone Smithposted 3 years ago

Hubs on Topic Pages are ranked by something we internally refer to as "HeatScore", which is a combination of HubScore and recency. big_smile

1. Paul Maplesden profile image90
      Paul Maplesdenposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Simone, appreciate the info.

3. Gordon Hamilton profile image98
    Gordon Hamiltonposted 3 years ago

It is of course always wonderful when a genuine question by a genuine Hubber is answered very quickly by a staff member who is in the know. It's one of the things that makes Hub Pages so great, above all other sites.

Sadly, pathetic and idiotic comments by those who have no knowledge of Hub Pages or who haven't even had the decency to make the attempt to get to know Hub Pages before making their offensive, obnoxious and ridiculous comments tend to somewhat spoil the experience for other users. I feel no further need to address a certain idiot - I merely suggest they return to their obnoxious domain and remain there...

Please make this the last farewell, worst-of-hp

Good bye and good riddance!

1. jimmythejock profile image81
      jimmythejockposted 3 years ago in reply to this

+1 well said Gordon.....jimmy That goes for Spammers too

2. innerspin profile image88
      innerspinposted 3 years ago in reply to this

+1. Well said.

4. 0
    summerberrieposted 3 years ago

Gordon Hamilton, I agree it is nice to get quick answers. I have noticed both derek's and Simones presence here more as of late trying to communicate to our concerns as hubbers ( which has been really nice), however, I must admit 
    worst-of-hp has a point (not how I would have made it but just as effective). I'm not sure what Simone means by recency and if traffic determines placement then doesn't that defeat the purpose. Maybe a better choice would be placing hubs which pass QAP but have NOT garnered much traffic and are in danger of being idled. This would be helping hubbers who need the exposure....just a thought....

Thanks Simone for the answer it is greatly appreciated and an interesting question to be asking.