jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

A total computer illiterate needs help to get started, please.

1. Lifemagician profile image60
    Lifemagicianposted 7 years ago

Forums are not new to me, and I have successfully posted on many.

But this hub business has me completely bamboozled.

What is the difference between a forum and a hub?
    Is 'hub' just another word for 'blog'? And if not, how do they differ?
    Where do I find these hubs?   I don't even know what to look for.
    And where is there a 'simple' explanation for the meaning of so many of the words used in all the help sections of the sticky post in this forum?

2. premsingh profile image59
    premsinghposted 7 years ago

I have provided a link in my profile from where you can download a complete free guide that'll help you to become a good hubber.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

Think of a hub as an article, like you would read in a magazine or a newspaper.

4. alexd181 profile image60
    alexd181posted 7 years ago

Yeah I'd say a hub is less like a blog, more like an article. This confused at me at first too -- I thought a hub was like a main section that has sub-pages -- but it's more like a single article.

premsingh, I just read your guide. Quite extensive, but I can't help but wonder, did your spell check crash while writing it? Other than the spelling and some duplication it was an informative read. Interesting that I hadn't come across it before.

1. premsingh profile image59
      premsinghposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks alexd181, I'll take care of the spelling mistakes and upload a revised version. I admit there are spelling mistakes in few of my hubs that I didn't check for lack of time. I just came to know about this though this posting was made few months back. Anyways thanks again.

5. VioletSun profile image70
    VioletSunposted 7 years ago

I also was confused at first by what a hub meant, thought it was a blog with subtopics.  I too see a hub as an article where you can add pictures, much like a magazine article.  This is a writer's site where you have the opportunity to earn a few dollars here and there (until you become real good at hubbing you won't earn much at first) through Google Adwords.