jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

I've learned a lot during my first 1,000 hits.

1. Boulism profile image89
    Boulismposted 3 years ago

I just wanted to thank everyone who's supported me over these past two weeks as I learned how to navigate the world of hubs.  I hit my goal of 1,000 views in two weeks and "met" some great people along the way.   

I'd like to share/repost some of the key things that I've learned so far:

1. Good Pictures and video REALLY help
    2. Good keyword tool: the title is very important, I've got one hub already as the 5th hit on Google, simply because of it's title.
    3. Google + is a goldmine for readers.  Join now and join some relevant communities and your readers will increase immediately.
    4. If you write about travel, post your hubs to their forms.  This took me from about 500 hits to 1,000 over the past 48 hours. 
    5. It's really hard to gain a following on Pinterest.
    6. Twitter doesn't help that much. 
    And lastly, I am clueless about Google Adsense.  I'm not in this to make money so I don't really care, but they rejected me, so I guess I'll tackle that challenge in the future.

Just my two sense, feel free to argue and debate.  Happy Hubbing! 

Thanks again! 

1. 0
      Beth37posted 3 years ago in reply to this

First I keep wondering if you just forgot the "t" in your name or... IDK... Anyway...
      I can't wrap my head around the title thing. I *know I am supposed to come up with a title with good search words in it... but then I think 'I am so far down the list with Google, how could it ever matter?' Then the writer in me can't stop myself from coming up with a catchy title that fits the story... And I hate coming up with the title before Ive written the hub cause most the time, I don't know what Im going to write about til Im done. I think Im hopeless.

2. Paul Maplesden profile image91
    Paul Maplesdenposted 3 years ago

Great stuff here, thanks for sharing.

I completely agree with all of your points, especially the Google+ one - It's a great way to get the word out there about hubs, so long as it's done in a reasonable, value-add way.

Great pictures and video really help too.

Onwards and upwards sir!

3. Muttface profile image92
    Muttfaceposted 3 years ago

Thanks for the tips. I started in March and have only recently celebrated my 1000 hits.
    I joined Pinterest two weeks ago and so far I don't think anyone has even looked at my photos, but it's early days yet. I just wasted my whole morning there looking at bad tattoo photos, so it might prove more of a distraction from creating Hubs rather than a helpful traffic tool. Your photos of Iceland are really beautiful by the way.
    So, I might take your advice and join Google+ and see what happens. Thanks again for the advice.

4. german83 profile image80
    german83posted 3 years ago

Hey there! When you talk about writting about travel "post your hubs to their forms", what do you mean exactly? Thanks in advance...

5. StitchTheDamned profile image91
    StitchTheDamnedposted 3 years ago

Congratulations on hitting 1,000 views! I also just hit my 1,000 view mark. Though, it has taken me a lot longer than you.

6. anagham profile image59
    anaghamposted 3 years ago

Hey.. congratulations! I have been here for a long time now..but really got interested and I'm active in the hubpages for a while now(actually did not know much about traffic or how to gain traffic).. thanks for sharing this.. happy to learn this...

7. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 3 years ago

5. If you create MFPs (Made For Pinterest) images for your hubs, you don't even need an account to drive Pinterest traffic wink

8. janshares profile image87
    jansharesposted 3 years ago

Congratulations, Boulism. I love your attitude. You have done extremely well in such a short time. I like what you've shared. It shows that you take this seriously and are learning the craft as you go. You set a good example for newbies. Welcome to HubPages, your successes will increase.