jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

Refer new writers..

1. Laila Rajaratnam profile image75
    Laila Rajaratnamposted 8 years ago

Sorry to sound so very dumb..But I do need help! If I was to refer new writers to HP..I am supposed to use my unique referral tracker.

Regarding this para, 'To create your referral link, you'll insert an underscore and a unique referral tracker into the HubPage URL. For example, let's say your unique tracker is "signups" and you want to create a link to a hub with the URL "http//hubpages.com/hub/Seattle_Coffee_Shops". You would insert an underscore, followed by your unique tracker "signups" into the URL. The new link will read "http://HubPages.com/_signups/hub/Seattle_Coffee_Shops".

Does this mean that each time my referral creates a hub he has to put my unique referral tracker in the new hub url or just for the sign up? Can someone please put it more plainly for me. Thanks!

2. jyuva profile image40
    jyuvaposted 8 years ago

If somebody joins through your referral tracker that's enough, that person no need to insert any of your trackers, but he has to join through your tracker big_smile

Laila Rajaratnamposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Jyuva..sorry again to sound dumb..how does he join through my referral tracker?

3. jyuva profile image40
    jyuvaposted 8 years ago

You just mail one of your hubs including your tracker from there he can join if you know somebody very well, you can create your own trackers also big_smile

Thanks..jyuva smile..I think I got it! Let me try it out and in case there's any doubt..I'll get back!Thanks smile

4. profile image0
    multimasteryposted 8 years ago

If you want to go the simplest route at this time, without having to be concerned with creating trackers just do this: Whenever you're logged in you just hit the 'Link to this page' button at the bottom and it will automatically contain your default referral tracking code.  You can do this for any page you want to promote and if someone joins hubpages through your links then they will  automatically become your referral.  It's that simple.

Thanks..so so much multimastry..it is very clear and plain now! smile Thanks once again!smile

Tired it and got it! smile Thank you so much multimastery.. smile Its so very simple! smile

1. ProCW profile image84
          ProCWposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Hey Laila... (not trying to interupt this thread), but I know you were excited the other day about a 97... I though that I'd let you know that I saw you at 99!! (congrats!!!)

ProCW

ProCw..Oh no!...I missed seeing my 99! sad Did I really get there? Thanks for letting me know! smile

working