jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (16 posts)

RECENT CHANGE: Forum font changed to larger size (CTRL- to zoom out)

1. knolyourself profile image62
    knolyourselfposted 3 years ago

I am an old one. Small font hurts my eyes. This is perfect for me. I got dry eyes. Why they call it that when actually they are too much wet, can only imagine, maybe to sell wet solution pharmaceuticals for dry,
    of which I don't use. I don't trust them especially with eyeness.

2. HubPages profile image
    HubPagesposted 3 years ago

One option is to hit command or control and "+" or "-" on your screen to make the font larger or smaller... just thought I'd throw that out there! I do it all the time on other sites. big_smile

[Edit: Simone Smith logged in as HubPages- I keep forgetting to log out and log in as myself when posting in the forums while in the midst of editing Learning Center entries]

1. Shanna11 profile image91
      Shanna11posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hahaha I choked on my water as I was scrolling when I suddenly saw that Hubpages itself had posted...

2. 0
      Motown2Chitownposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Does this mean that the effort to change it back has ended?

While I recognize that we can zoom out, once we've done so, the actual thread is too small, and we must then zoom in.

Makes for an unpleasant forum experience, IMO.

1. Sally's Trove profile image97
        Sally's Troveposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Ditto.

And why did it change to the large font in the first place? I'm sure there was a reason...what was it? Maybe it was a good reason. If HP had given the reason, lots of hubber energy would have been expended elsewhere over the last 36 hours or so.

3. timorous profile image91
    timorousposted 3 years ago

If it's too big, you could simply sit further back..it'd be about the same. Except it's a different font than before. smile

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image94
      Marcy Goodfleischposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I don't know if it's the font size or the font style, but it hurts my eyes, too.  It's not as bad once we are in a thread, but the main forum page is painful.  Ouch!

2. paradigmsearch profile image87
      paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago

I'm seeing spots... Gonna have to take a break.

3. moonlake profile image87
      moonlakeposted 3 years ago

I like it.

4. ilscherzo profile image82
      ilscherzoposted 3 years ago

Yeah, the boss weighs in on the subject!

5. xionnguyen profile image60
      xionnguyenposted 3 years ago

Well I am sure there is a reason why they make font larger. I like large font since I don't have to strain my eyes and go through the trouble zooming in and out.

1. 0

That's what we're saying.  We don't care for the large font.  It hurts our eyes.  If you don't have to zoom in and out, we do. 

From the first thread about it, it did not appear to have been a deliberate decision.  It does appear that they have deliberately chosen not to see it.

They see it, alright. It seems they're choosing to do nothing about it, or, to fix it is taking more time, or whatever.

1. 0

HA!  Sally thanks for that.  I meant to type 'fix' it, not 'see' it.  smile

After all this time, you are absolutely right. They are choosing to not fix it, even though they've seen it.

6. Sally's Trove profile image97
      Sally's Troveposted 3 years ago

Still no change...I'm tired of flipping back and forth between 100% and 110 or 90. It screws up everything I see via Chrome.

Closed to reply

working