jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Is it kontera.com or publisher.kontera.com ??? something smells phishy

1. surviveprison profile image60
    surviveprisonposted 7 years ago

Hi All - I recently went to sign up for kontera and had a phishy feeling about kontera.com - the site did not come up and was straight text - after a bit of searching I found publisher.kontera.com - so, does anyone know which one is the real one ?? You'd hate to have personal data sitting in a phishpond

1. relache profile image86
      relacheposted 7 years ago in reply to this

When I go to http://www.kontera.com I find a whole interactive web site, not just straight text, and it's got lots of different sections about the company, what technology they use, how to sign up as one of their advertisers or publishers.

2. jadichand profile image61
    jadichandposted 7 years ago
  3. darkside profile image83
    darksideposted 7 years ago

publisher.kontera.com is a sub-domain of kontera.com which means that it is under the ownership and control of kontera.com

4. surviveprison profile image60
    surviveprisonposted 7 years ago

I am running Kaspersky and it blocks out a lot of bad items and threats - so  maybe that is why it doesn't show anything - normally I get this large, pig-like squeal and a pop-up when a site is bad - Think I'll stick with publisher.kontera.com

5. Lissie profile image86
    Lissieposted 7 years ago

In which case get rid of Kaspersky its obviously giving you false positives. Gogole its self will block a site which has been hacked. and as mentioned before XX.site.com is just a subdomain of site.com !

6. rmshdc profile image60
    rmshdcposted 7 years ago

surviveprison Listen to what Lissie said.  Listen to veterans.  lol

I fellow Lissie advise always!