jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Dealing with jealousy from other hubbers...

1. NotPC profile image61
    NotPCposted 4 years ago

Has anyone been in a situation where they were attacked because other hubbers were jealous of your success on HubPages? I have spent my entire day trying to help other hubbers and walk them through techniques to increase THEIR money making potential here on hubs, and 98% of the hubbers have been overly thankful. Now I feel as though I'm being attack by several hubbers who don't like my methods. Any thoughts?

2. Reality Bytes profile image93
    Reality Bytesposted 4 years ago

Constructive criticism is not an attack.

I read the thread and think you got some pretty solid advice. 

Proper Use of the Ratings Capsule

While the Ratings Capsule is perfect for reviews of recipes, products, services, and places, it is not intended for reviews of more abstract, opinion-centered subjects, such as people, movements, politicians, and public figures. Ratings Capsules are also not intended for use with rating Hubs.

http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Ratings-Capsule

Your kindness will probably result in a warning from HP.  Sometimes it is best to keep secrets.  wink

1. NotPC profile image61
      NotPCposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The hubs are clearly ratings of Verizon Wireless services... Though I appreciate everyone's warnings, at this point I've cleared it with HubPages staff because I was really starting to think I had done something wrong. Obviously the way I first explained it could have definitely given the impression that the ratings were being used incorrectly, but I can assure you and everyone else who felt the need to "warn" me that I have cleared these specific hubs with HP staff.

1. Reality Bytes profile image93
        Reality Bytesposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Nice looking hub. 

I do not think anyone was attacking you though,  I believe they were advising you in good faith.

smile

working