jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (11 posts)

Adding a link to an image

1. eugbug profile image95
    eugbugposted 4 years ago

How can I use a photo as a hyperlink? Adding a source URL when editing just places  the link under the image. I would like to be able to jump to an address by clicking on an image.

1. missolive profile image93
      missoliveposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Oh how I wish that feature would be available but as far as I know it is not. You'll have to use the source/hyperlink. I'm going to follow this thread to see if anything changes. Best wishes to you.

2. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It's unlikely that feature will ever be allowed.

If it were allowed, people would be able to post their own advertising banners on HubPages, and that would compete too much with HP's own advertising system. 

Why do you need this feature?

1. missolive profile image93
        missoliveposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I'm afraid you are right Marisa, it would probably be abused by some community members (imo)

Personally, I would like it as a link to a related hub. No biggie.

2. eugbug profile image95
        eugbugposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Basically to direct users to related hubs or my profile

1. Marisa Wright profile image94

You are not allowed to include a link to your profile in a Hub.

1. Sally's Trove profile image98
            Sally's Troveposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Really? Never tried that, but don't know why it wouldn't be allowed. It's like linking to your own hubs. Guess I'm missing something here.

2. eugbug profile image95
            eugbugposted 4 years ago in reply to this

According to the TOS, you cannot use spam to direct visitors to hubs or your profile. As I understood it, this meant links cannot be added to answers, comments on hubs etc. Are promotional links on your own hubs considered "spam"? I wouldn't have thought so.

1. wilderness profile image96
              wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Outgoing links from your hub must be to something relevant to the subject of the hub.  Unless you have a hub talking about you, your profile would not be pertinent.

1. Marisa Wright profile image94

Exactly.   If it's any consolation, it came as a surprise to me too!

2. mistyhorizon2003 profile image90
              mistyhorizon2003posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Links can be added to answers so long as they are relevant to the question that was asked. This is done all the time and is perfectly okay, even to the degree you have the option when answering a question to 'make a hub about it' which will result in the link to your new hub appearing in your answer. If you already have a hub on the subject being asked about you can add the link to your answer, and this is equally okay.

working