jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

The Numbers Game

1. Asp52 profile image82
    Asp52posted 3 years ago

Interesting, maybe the number is useful or "Tips For" is used a lot by other writers. It could be the grammar error was feeding negativity into that specific hub. Maybe it is worth checking on Keyword tools for amount of searches on Google starting with a number and see how much competition there is. Glad both Hubs seem to be doing well for you dollardojo, keep up the good work!

First Forum activity for me too!

1. Simone Smith profile image93
      Simone Smithposted 3 years ago

It's a pleasure to see both of you in our Forums for the first time! Welcome!

GREAT tip by the way, dollardojo. We, too, have found that "top X" and "X great" and "X somethings that you Y" formats do really well online. Seems like lists are human catnip!

Of course, the titles must be short and descriptive to boot, containing terms people would type into Google in the first place, but once those conditions are met, adding a lit format certainly seems to add a competitive edge.

Thanks for sharing your findings. smile

2. kellyteam profile image60
      kellyteamposted 3 years ago

Interesting thought. I am going to check if I have a title that can be changed with a number and see what happens. I'll get back to you.

1. kellyteam profile image60
        kellyteamposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Ok. No change yet. Still watching.

3. DreamerMeg profile image86
      DreamerMegposted 3 years ago

Thanks very much for that - a very quick and probably fairly easy task. So I just jumped in and renamed one of my hubs as "Top 10 tips ..." I only changed one spelling mistake in it and left the rest alone (apart from adding in the numbers 1 - 10, of course). Will just wait and see if it makes any difference.
      Thanks again
      PS, I think it took about 3 minutes, from reading your post to editing and saving the hub! LOL

4. kellyteam profile image60
      kellyteamposted 3 years ago

Hey the hub I changed the title to is featured now! I guess you have something there. Thanks!

1. rfmoran profile image91
        rfmoranposted 3 years ago

I think there is something compelling for the reader to see how many tips you're offering. The title tells me that I will find an answer to my problem in a few simple steps. My best performing hub includes "three simple tips" to docking a single engine boat. I never tried the title without the number, so this response isn't scientific. Note that David Letterman's Top Ten list is a TV classic.