jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Thank you!

1. PoeticVine profile image82
    PoeticVineposted 3 years ago

I think I'm officially stunned.  I did a couple of test searches tonight on Google based on one of my earlier Hubs and saw it at #8 out of over 18 million search results.  It wasn't a hugely impossible search, either -- it was actually pretty basic. 

I feel like popping champagne.  ^_^  Thank you to every single person who has encouraged me here, and everyone, really!  Without all of you I wouldn't be able to feel this excited right now.

It's an early milestone, I know, but it helps my confidence and lets me know there is much more in store.

I am seriously doing the Snoopy happy dance over here.

1. 0
      alwaysamberposted 3 years ago in reply to this

So awesome! I know that it is very exciting! smile

PoeticVineposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Very much so!   I'm looking forward to seeing what happens as I become more comfortable using keywords.  Thank you for celebrating with me! smile

2. timorous profile image91
    timorousposted 3 years ago

Way to go, PoeticVine. I find tweaking your hub title to match what internet searchers are actually typing into the search engine, pays off after a while. If you use the Google keyword tool to refine the search term or title, you'll find the best combination of search phrase, and search volume. Unless you're prepared to do a lot of promoting, or backlinking, It's best to go for a lower search volume (<10,000 a month).

PoeticVineposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thank you, timorous!  I'm still on the learning curve with respect to online writing -- I've written for print up to now and am still getting used to the idea of keywords as traffic generators.  Even so, this represents something of a milestone for me, and I know it will only improve as I learn more! 

I really appreciate the advice, too -- I think I'll probably stick with going for lower search volumes for now.  I'm kind of easing into things by writing in my "niche", but plan to expand into a larger topic range after I get some high-quality Hubs under my belt.  One step at a time...