jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Please add a category for Google Plus Hubs

1. Paul Maplesden profile image88
    Paul Maplesdenposted 4 years ago

Hi there,

I am starting to write hubs on Google Plus, but noticed that there weren't really any categories that they could call home!

The closest I could find was Google Buzz, which was discontinued in December 2011.

My suggestion would be to add a new category for Google Plus in the following area:

Technology > Internet and the Web > Social Networking > Google Plus. You could also just rename the Google Buzz hub area to Google Plus (and update meta descriptions, title tags etc.)

Thanks for listening,

Paul.

2. Simone Smith profile image91
    Simone Smithposted 4 years ago

Thanks for the suggestion, Paul!

I'll send your request on to Christy Kirwan, who manages our Topic Page expansion initiative. smile

1. joanveronica profile image91
      joanveronicaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hi Simone and Paul! I think this would be a very good idea. Google+ is gradually becoming more and more important.

1. JimTxMiller profile image77
        JimTxMillerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I'd second that suggestion as well.

3. Christy Kirwan profile image
    Christy Kirwanposted 4 years ago

Thanks for the great suggestion, Paul!

I've just created a Google+ Topic. Please do start filling it with Hubs whenever you like. smile

1. Paul Maplesden profile image88
      Paul Maplesdenposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Christy, that's brilliant, thank you. I will move mine across smile Thanks for sorting this so quickly.

2. Paul Maplesden profile image88
      Paul Maplesdenposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Just one thing Christy, I can't see a link to the Google+ page from the main social networking page here: http://hubpages.com/topics/technology/i … rking/5475

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
        Christy Kirwanposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Topic changes usually take anywhere from a couple hours to a day to show up on the site, but the Google+ Topic should show up immediately in the HubTool. So if you want to move your existing Hubs or start a new Hub in the Google+ Topic, you should be able to do. Sorry for the delay!

working