jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

A way to improve your traffic

1. adjkp25 profile image93
    adjkp25posted 3 years ago

I had a hub that was getting 20-30 views a day that slowly started to lose views.  I was busy and didn't spend too much time trying to figure out why.

After seeing many forum posts about sites copying our hubs I started to search around to see if any of my hubs were copied and, after about 15 DMCA reports this morning, I think I found them all.  These were not all the same site mind you.

My once popular hub was copied five times to five different sites, what made it worse is each of these crooks were higher up on the Google search page than I was.

My point is your traffic might be suffering because some one has stolen some of your work.  It is a time consuming pain in the rear to look for these thief's but it will benefit you in the long run.

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image92
      Marcy Goodfleischposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You are so right.  I think we can't emphasize this enough here - and there seems to be an increase in recent weeks (or maybe I'm imagining that).  They're copying our work and using the text for link farms, and bloggers are copying the work and using it as their own.  I've also found my best hubs used multiple times, on different sites, as you have mentioned.

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89
        Patty Inglish, MSposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I agree and need to check this more often!

2. adjkp25 profile image93
        adjkp25posted 3 years ago in reply to this

It was your forum the other day that finally made me look into this.  I had found some previously but this morning was depressing seeing how many were stolen.

2. LuisEGonzalez profile image82
    LuisEGonzalezposted 3 years ago

Well thanks to this post I found at least one and sent an email to the site. Hope it works.