jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

SMS # verification issue affecting some #s (use voice)

1. Geniusknight profile image85
    Geniusknightposted 4 years ago

Yesterday I wrote my first Hub and then when I tried to publish it, it said that it needed confirmation so I went ahead. It asked for my phone number so that it can send a confirmation code by sms or call. I entered my number and clicked it. Now it has been past 24hrs and I haven't got the confirmation code !
    Please help !  sad

~Geniusknight

1. Matthew Meyer profile image78
      Matthew Meyerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Sorry about the problems you are having verifying your phone.
      Our records show we sent SMS confirmation codes 3 times yesterday (30 hours ago).

Have you received any of these codes?
      Sometimes mobile carriers in other countries (India for example) block the SMS delivery service we use.
      Do you have another phone number that you can use?

2. Simone Smith profile image92
    Simone Smithposted 4 years ago

Hi Geniusknight- your Discussion title suggests you *did* get the SMS. Did it finally arrive, or are you still waiting for it?

3. Simone Smith profile image92

Hey again- I just checked your profile and it looks like HubPages has made five attempts to send you a confirmation code through SMS around 25 hours ago. Are you sure that you entered in the correct phone number?

4. Simone Smith profile image92

Hey again Geniusknight!

It looks like we have an issue with sending SMS messages to a small set of numbers. The next alternative to try is voice verification. Hope that helps! big_smile

5. Geniusknight profile image85
    Geniusknightposted 4 years ago

Thank you Simone and Matthew! Finally the voice confirmation worked for me. You guys are awesome !
    Thanks once again! smile

~Geniusknight

6. profile image0
    sameer dhingra1posted 3 years ago

I have the same prob..I didn't receive any confirmation code via sms and now i am not even getting an option to try to get the code via sms or call..As i am new to hubpages your help will be divine...I am very confused how to get my hub publlished

1. Matthew Meyer profile image78
      Matthew Meyerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

If you have not done so already, please contact us here.
      http://hubpages.com/help-wizard/

7. profile image60
    Trishitblogsposted 3 years ago

Well, I have the same problem and have tried to get  code by call  option and the system said that it placed a call. But I didn't get any. I am stuck. Have the account but can't do anything!

Closed to reply

working