jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

New thief: stealing original craft hubs and original photos

1. tammyswallow profile image92
    tammyswallowposted 3 years ago

This hubber is stealing hubs word for word and taking original photos. I have notified a few people, but they have a few hundred "blogs" to go through. http://softworld247.blogspot.com/2006/0 … welry.html

1. viking305 profile image90
      viking305posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Tammy I went to the blog and could only find one craft hub. The rest seem to be downloads for games.
      I write a lot of craft hub so am worried. 
      Can you let me know which blogs have them on please. 
      Also when you give the address do not turn it into a link - no point giving this person any more leg ups.  Leave a space between one of the letters to break the link.

Thanks Lorraine

2. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image92
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 3 years ago

Tammy - have you checked this thread below?  Several of us have found our work taken by the same guy listed here:

3. tammyswallow profile image92

I had to join the site to leave a comment for the author. Once I did, I couldn't see it anymore. sad I reported it to Google Abuse and will file with the DMAC.

Wow Marcy,
    I will check it out. This is terrible. I have found three stolen hubs this week. I have learned to check for theft on certain hubs when views go down. Thanks! I will take a look!

4. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image92
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 3 years ago

FYI - the person some of us are dealing with (quite a few people, actually) sometimes uses the content in a way that gets his articles to pop up in search results that would yield our work, but the links for the scraped content don't relate to the topics of our hubs.  It's hugely confusing.  I don't know whether he hides the text, or how that works.

Do some searches for your work and put quote marks around a specific, small phrase from the text. That will show where the problems are.

5. tammyswallow profile image92

The only thing that comes up for me are some titles with some badly spun and illegible text (under my titles) under Trusted M.D. Is that it? One hub is about manners, but the body is about Christmas?

6. healthylife2 profile image95
    healthylife2posted 3 years ago

The list gets longer. Now respond to comments, read other hubs and comment,check for stolen material, and try to start a new hub. I still haven't even filed my DMAC for a hub that was completely copied but will be trapped during the blizzard so should get it done. Hopefully it's not a complicated process.