jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Is Hub Pages a good venue for someone wanting to share memoirs?

1. cat tales 1-10 profile image59
    cat tales 1-10posted 4 years ago

Is Hub Pages a proper venue for writing stories of your life?  I know it promotes creative writing but the hubs I have published have not received any feedback.  Does that mean that people are just not interested in them or that this is not where they belong?

1. profile image0
      Motown2Chitownposted 4 years ago in reply to this

IMO, HubPages is a great place to write memoirs.  If you're a fairly new hubber and you aren't receiving a lot of feedback, it could just be that you haven't yet been noticed.  If you're interested in having a hub critiqued, you can ask for feedback on it under this forum category:  http://hubpages.com/forum/category/2885   

It may also help to peruse HP for other writers in your same category.  Get to know what they write and comment on it and learn from it.

big_smile

cat tales 1-10posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the advice.  I noticed that we are both from MI.  I have commented on others sites but have not received any feedback except from one. I have gotten quite a few views but no comments or followers.  I have been trying to do as you said.... find others writing the same genre and it is helpful.  Thanks.

2. WriteAngled profile image90
    WriteAngledposted 4 years ago

It depends how the memoirs are presented.

If a hub is deemed "purely personal" it will become unpublished. Purely personal is defined as content that is unlikely to be of interest to anyone except people who know you.

cat tales 1-10posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the advice.  So far pretty much everything I have written has been published and featured.  That's what is so confusing.  What else do I need to do to get followers and comments?

1. profile image0
        Motown2Chitownposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Be an active member of the community.  Participate in forums, answer/ask questions.  Read other hubs and comment on them.

working