jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (21 posts)

How come when people comment it is not counted as a view?

1. suzzycue profile image86
    suzzycueposted 4 years ago

Does this happen to you? My newest post just had 5 comments and no views were recorded . How can this be?

2. Simone Smith profile image92
    Simone Smithposted 4 years ago

Some people comment directly from the HubFeed- that could be it! big_smile

1. rfmoran profile image91
      rfmoranposted 4 years ago in reply to this

How can someone comment directly from hub feed without reading the hub? I too have a mismatch between comments and views.

suzzycueposted 4 years ago in reply to this

rfmoran When you first sign into Hubpages you will see comments, your hubs,your profile words beside your picture.Sometimes you will see a number beside comments and you can read a comment and reply to this comment here without going to the original hub. Then these comments are added to the hub but are not counted as views . You need to bypass this feed and go directly to their hub and comment or they will not count as views.

my stats are still frozen

2. suzzycue profile image86

Thank you for your input Simone. Is there something Hubpages can do with this problem. It seems a shame comments don't count as views. My stats are back on. Thank you.

3. paradigmsearch profile image86
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

Also, view stats are currently stuck.

4. Faith Reaper profile image87
    Faith Reaperposted 4 years ago

Don't know either, as I had 91 comments in about a day on one hub, and it only showed two views.

1. paradigmsearch profile image86
      paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Probably what Simone said in that case.

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60
        Hollie Thomasposted 4 years ago in reply to this

If we're talking about Goggle, they're not even counting tweets either.

5. suzzycue profile image86

Well that is just not even cool Faith Reaper. That is a total rip off. Can anything be done about this?

6. suzzycue profile image86

So we should stop commenting from the Hub Feed because we lose views. Remember that my fellow Hubbers.

7. suzzycue profile image86

Hollie- I have no idea if they count tweets. I get very little views from Twitter so maybe they don't. Can anyone else tell me if your tweets are counted as views

1. rfmoran profile image91
      rfmoranposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I get a large percent of my views from Twitter but I can't tell if they are counted, other than in stats

8. suzzycue profile image86

And view stats are still stuck.

9. ChitrangadaSharan profile image86
    ChitrangadaSharanposted 4 years ago

You pointed out something which I did not realize. Thanks for the information. I will keep that in my mind.

10. suzzycue profile image86

You are welcome ChitrangadaSharan. Go to the hub or you are not helping your fellow hubber get views.

11. ChitrangadaSharan profile image86
    ChitrangadaSharanposted 4 years ago

Hi suzzycue!
    I always read the hub and then only comment. I have also observed some mismatched views and comments and even vote up. I do not know whether the views at twitter are counted, as I do not see them in my stats.

12. italianfood profile image78
    italianfoodposted 4 years ago

I am just a new joined member here in HubPages, I already made 2 article post but what does exactly mean on the numbers at my profile? I got 1 and it seems it is the lowest, could someone help me here?

That is your hubber score. So the more you comment , post hubs, answer questions the higher up your number goes. You start to get views when your number is over 75. Keep going you will do fine. Just write and it will happen.

1. italianfood profile image78
        italianfoodposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I see, thanks for the help

working