jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (14 posts)

Hubpages Video capsule

1. donnah75 profile image94
    donnah75posted 3 years ago

I am working on a new hub, which will include video.  I made the videos myself and uploaded them to the "my videos" section of my account.  I began a video hub using one of them.  I want to add more video clips to the hub, but it seems that I can only important more videos from outside of hubpages.  Can I have more than one "Hubpages video capsule" in my hub?  If so, how do I do that?  Or do I have to import them from YouTube?  (I would rather just have them hosted here, as I don't have a YouTube account.)  If not, may I suggest that this be added as a capsule option?  Any help here would be appreciated.

1. Simone Smith profile image92
      Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I'm afraid that, just like with YouTube, only one clip can be uploaded per page, so adding additional footage from YouTube or Vimeo is probably your best bet.

This sounds like it's going to be a great resource! Props for including so many supplementary clips!

2. donnah75 profile image94

Thanks, Simone. I guess it is time to venture into creating a YouTube account.

3. tillsontitan profile image90
    tillsontitanposted 3 years ago

Intresting.  I can't seem to upload videos directly to HP but have to post all of them to YouTube before I can use them here.  Must be doing something wrong.

1. BlossomSB profile image91
      BlossomSBposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I've had that problem, too. I shall be watching to see if there's a solution, so thanks for asking.

4. tillsontitan profile image90
    tillsontitanposted 3 years ago

You're welcome Blossom, maybe we can both get a useful answer.

donnah75posted 3 years ago in reply to this

I uploaded them under 'My account" "videos."  I didn't upload them directly into a hub.  They were wmv format.  It worked just like uploading photos.  Frankly, the quality is better in that video than the YouTube videos I was able to create.  I would love the option of hosting all the videos here, even though posting to YouTube turned out to be simple.  This process will take a little learning, I think.

1. tillsontitan profile image90
        tillsontitanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Great to know Donnah...I actually think I did do that once but had forgotten!  Thank you so much.

5. Marisa Wright profile image94
    Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago

It's actually a good thing to post them on Youtube first, because that way you get double exposure.

6. donnah75 profile image94

Thanks, Marisa.  I set it up today.  Had I known it was that easy, I would have started posting videos ages ago.  I just published my new hub on How to create an e-card using powerpoint.  Check it out! 

Can I make money off of ads that are on the videos on YouTube?  Do I have to set that up, or will it automatically work since I signed in using my google sign in?

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe you have to be invited to participate in the Adsense channel on Youtube.  Google will invite you if you start getting a reasonable number of views.  That's how it used to be, anyway.

7. Sujina profile image60
    Sujinaposted 3 years ago

Once you create a youtube channel,there is an option in channel settings --> Monetization, you can link your adsense account to that or if you doesn't have an adsense account yet, you can create from youtube channel.
    Youtube will approve your account if it solely contains  your own video.

donnah75posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks!  I will try to link it to my adsense.

8. donnah75 profile image94

Thanks.  I am sure I can find further info at YouTube when I find a minute.  I appreciate your input.

working