jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

One sided discussions

1. mike102771 profile image84
    mike102771posted 3 years ago

Note to anyone who read any of my Hubs since I joined five days ago. I did not realize I needed to add a comment section for people to comment to my Hubs. Sorry about that, my bad. I went and added comment sections to the Hubs (I think I did this to all of them) so if you want to tell me why I was dead wrong on any of them please go back and do so. Thank you.

2. 0
    Beth37posted 3 years ago

I didn't realize I needed to do that either, yet somehow ppl are able to comment. lol
    I love it when I do something right on accident.

3. WriteAngled profile image91
    WriteAngledposted 3 years ago

It's entirely your choice whether you add a comments capsule or not. Some people do, some don't, some add a capsule on some hubs but not others.

You can also set the comments to show up immediately or to be approved by you before being published. You can also delete any inappropriate comments.

1. mike102771 profile image84
      mike102771posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thank you. Part of why I wanted to do this (join Hub pages) was to start a discussion with people on the internet without all the idiotic babble you normally find on the internet. I miss the civil discussions from my online classes from that school out in AZ.  Too many sites are more or less glorified verbal fight clubs consisting of simple insults and overblown egos. Although, even inappropriate comments are useful even if only to help judge the intellectual level of the person who is posting.

1. formosangirl profile image83
        formosangirlposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I thought one should have a comment section until I met a "hater." I write to capture an idea, a memory, a thought, or an opinion. Sometimes I have time to write well, and other times it is just random writing. However, recently, I saw a hater, and I deleted the comment right away. I did not graduate as an English major from Columbia University. I am generally tired of writing in my spare time which is why I produce very few articles on a regularly basis. However, I do like the idea of writing. And I write for enjoyment or pastime. It is a bonus if anyone else reads it and likes it, but I rely more from people who do word searches and find my articles.

I wish this hater gets a life .... starting by hating himself or herself.