Moving content to HP, how to avoid 'Duplicate Content' unpublishing?

1. Paul Maplesden profile image93
    Paul Maplesdenposted 3 years ago

Hi folks,

I've decided to start migrating some of my business blog content to HubPages (all content on the blog is original and was written by me.)

Because I wanted to avoid the duplicate content issue on HubPages, I did three things:

1. Added 'NoIndex' tags to all the pages that I wanted to move, so Google wouldn't index them in future
    2. Had the blog url for the content removed from Google's search results and cache via Webmaster Tools
    3. Setup a 301 redirect from the original URL on my blog to the hub on HP

Despite doing this, one of the articles that I moved has been flagged for having 'Substantially duplicatre content'. I have checked and the article is not published anywhere else online or showing up in Google's seach results, so my questions are:

1. Have you come across this, if so, how did you resolve it? (I don't want to have to re-write the whole hub!)
    2. Generally, how long did you wait before unpublishing content elsewhere and publishing it here?
    3. Is there anything else technically that I can do to get my hub published?

Any help much appreciated!

2. Simone Smith profile image91
    Simone Smithposted 3 years ago

We say it's best to wait at least a week before transferring over articles. It should be OK if you wait a couple more days and then submit your Hub for publication. If there are more complications, I'd send exactly what you posted in this thread as a reply to the email issued by HubPages notifying you of the moderation so that our support team is in the loop. smile

3. Paul Maplesden profile image93
    Paul Maplesdenposted 3 years ago

Thanks for the advice Simone, I'd actually already sent what was in this thread to the support team! I'll leave it a week before transferring the other articles across.