jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Add Pagerank to our sub-domains

1. wjack2010 profile image61
    wjack2010posted 4 years ago

The idea I propose is that our current pagerank for our sub-domain should appear on our profile page, this could be in the form of an icon, or just text saying "Pagerank: x/10" etc...

I think this would be beneficial for allowing authors to easily view how our sub-domain is doing, but also allowing our visitors to see how we're doing.

1. NotPC profile image61
      NotPCposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You could always just copy/paste the page rank code for your HubPages onto another website you utilize. Tumblr or some other website would be perfect.

2. Simone Smith profile image92
    Simone Smithposted 4 years ago

I'm not sure how easy or difficult that might be (it might also be more useful if we saw Page rank on the Hub leve), but I'll be sure to run it by the team in the next community meeting I attend!

wjack2010posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Maybe this:
      http://www.prchecker.info/pagerank-check-button.php

So your system would run maybe a sort of API request through that (or similar site), grab the Pagerank, and display it.

3. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

I am curious as to why you would want that?  I check my own but would not necessarily want all visitors seeing it?

I like to show off stats every now and then, and I happen to know a few other Hubbers do as well, granted, most do it through Hubs with screenshots of their monthly/yearly statistics.

An option possibly to;
      -Enable for everyone
      -Enable for just you
      -Enable for followers
      -Enable for people you're following

Maybe that kind of system would work?

It also increases customization within our profiles as with flexibility.

4. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

IMHO not many hubdomains would exceed the 3-5 range that us generally considered pretty average.

Our users might not be aware of that though, and it could also help in tracking the quality of how HubPages is going, rather than just the amount of traffic.

working