jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (11 posts)

How to contact hubber via email?? Also, another question.

1. MissJamieD profile image79
    MissJamieDposted 3 years ago

A hubber offered to help me with something but when I checked their page for an email address to ask them a question, I didn't see that offered..??? How does that work?

Also, if I start a blog on similar content to some of the writings I have here at HP, can I just add the HP articles to my blog?

1. Gordon Hamilton profile image96
      Gordon Hamiltonposted 3 years ago in reply to this

To contact another Hubber, go to their profile page and click on the link on the right for Fan Mail. There you should get an option to send (Hubber whomever) an e-mail.

You can't reproduce your Hubs on your blog. It's not only against Hub Pages T&C's, it's personal online suicide. What you can do very effectively, however, is include links from your blog to relevant Hubs for the further information of your readers. That benefits both your blog and your Hub Pages.

Hope this helps smile

1. Simone Smith profile image91
        Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for helping MissJamieD out, Gordon Hamilton! MissJamieD, he's quite right on those fronts.

MissJamieDposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Can I mention my blog on Hubpages?

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
            Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You can put a link to your blog in your profile (let us know when you've done that so we can go and have a peek!).  Go into "Edit Profile" and put your blog URL in the box under "Links".

By the way, you've pasted your Facebook link in the wrong place - it should go in the box under 'Links" too.

If you're writing Hubs on the same topic as your blog, then you can include a link to your blog in those Hubs.

By the way, if you're starting a blog, I hope you've chosen a subject to concentrate on.  A general blog, where you just write about any old thing, is unlikely to get visitors because Google can't decide what it's about.  If you want to write about a variety of things, sites like HubPages are the best place for that.

I've done both things, you're welcome to check them out and make sure I'm doing it right:) Thanks.

Yay, it works, and what a great start to your blog.  I think it's a great topic and one that badly needs attention.  I did get a warning popup from Blogger that it contains adult content so that's my only worry:  I'm not sure if that will cause a problem with HubPages "prohibited sites" filter. 

Assuming it's OK, I'd still suggest you don't write too many Hubs on that topic on HubPages, save them for your blog.  Two or three Hubs here would be good, each with a link to your blog.

Thank you:) Yes, I've already written a few hubs here about the same subject but I'm going to keep those for my blog from now on. I want to help, that's my main goal. So outside of writing for hobby, I'll keep that info there. Thanks so much for your help:) And just to reiterate, I can add a link to my blog in the hubs containing the same content?

Yes, definitely.

2. MissJamieD profile image79

Thank you sir. That's why I asked first, I'm new to blogging so wasn't sure but I thought that was a no-no. I appreciate your help very much! Have a great day!!

working