jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (10 posts)

how long should a Hub be?

1. 82
    josenkposted 3 years ago

I'm new to Hubpages. How long should a Hub article be? word count for example? minimum/maximum?

1. johndnathan profile image88
      johndnathanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Try to keep the word count above 500 words.  I believe Google frowns upon shorter hubs.  There is no theoretical maximum number of words you can have, however be sure to break up the longer hubs into multiple capsules separated by pictures, graphs, etc. just so the reader isn't looking at a giant wall of text.

2. lovebuglena profile image91
    lovebuglenaposted 3 years ago

In my opinion quality is more important than quantity. But Hub Pages recently revamped the hub creation page...so now on the upper ride side of the page where you write your hub content you see different word count ranges and when you click on each one you see different messages display. This should help you figure out how much to write. And then once you write the content on one of those numbers you will see a check mark, which lets you know in what range your word count is...

3. lovebuglena profile image91
    lovebuglenaposted 3 years ago

Oh, you should also have more than one text capsule on your hub with descriptive titles in each one...

4. Maggie Bennett profile image80
    Maggie Bennettposted 3 years ago

I imagine it should be as long as it is to cover the topic adequately.  There needs to be some quality writing involved.  I think on the lower end it would probably be around 400 words.

5. Kimberly Vaughn profile image86
    Kimberly Vaughnposted 3 years ago

It is recommended that Hubs be a minimum of 500 words. But the more detail, the better. For new hubbers the hub Elements of a Steller Hub from the Learning Center is very helpful. I attached the website below.
    http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Elem … tellar-Hub

6. Hideki-ryuga profile image81
    Hideki-ryugaposted 3 years ago

It really depends on what you write. If it is an article, try to reach 500 words and beyond. But If it is a story then every word counts. You cannot flesh it out with unnecessary details for the sake of getting the search engine attention. Quality outshines quantity in every aspect.

7. Zelkiiro profile image83
    Zelkiiroposted 3 years ago

I try to stay between 900-1200 words, but occasionally I do break 2000.

8. NicoleMessenger profile image81
    NicoleMessengerposted 3 years ago

welcome! the word count min is 500 I believe, the more words you have the better. but, when in doubt always refer back to hubpages learning center..Good luck and happy hubbing:)

9. 60
    mcxniftycallsposted 3 years ago

Length of hub depends on your topic but Hub pages mark below 500 words hub as substandard and above 1500 words as stellar.
    Overall, as per my experience any hub between 500-800 is best for readers and search engines, hub of 1200+ words may be boring for users, most of hubs are 750-1200 words and performing good in search results and even are top on Google's search result, even hubs of 500-700 words are getting search engine traffic. Length does matter but quality supersede quantity.
    Even if your topic demands more explanation and can take 1500+ words, you can splits it into two hubs of 800-900 words.