jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

1. Whitney05 profile image68
    Whitney05posted 7 years ago

Do you guys offer disclaimers on any of your medical and health hubs, saying that you are, or aren't, a licensed practioner or veterinarion, and for serious concerns please consult a licensed doctor or vet?

I was thinking about offering one for my pet health hubs, as with the few medical ones that I have... Any thoughts?

I'm not sure if that would be better or worse, as it may create some unsurities for people not believing what you say.

I do try to mention, in every hub of this sort to see a vet or doctor, but yea... I'm just curious if it's necessary to add the disclaimer.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

I put a disclaimer on my cholesterol hubs. Here is an example, it's at the bottom:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Foods-That-Lowe … terol-Fish

3. Zsuzsy Bee profile image84
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 7 years ago

Whitney I started to study herbalism more then 23 years ago. One of the first lessons I remember told us to make sure we safe guarded ourselves. On my herbal remedies hubs I've included a disclaimer too. An adult can make up their own mind if they want to try something new but especially if it's a remedy for a baby or a pet I want it known that they will have to take the responsibility. Because it worked for me, my friends and family that doesn't mean it is a remedy that will work for them also, especially as I'm not there to see the problem... But I also only recommend remedies that have been tried and tried again and again.
    Protect yourself Whitney add a little disclaimer at the bottom of your page just to be safe.
    kindest regards Zsuzsy

4. Whitney05 profile image68
    Whitney05posted 7 years ago

Good idea. Thanks guys... I think at one point, I was putting a disclaimer, but it probably only lasted for a few hubs... Guess it's time to go add a disclaimer to a few hubs.

5. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

I'm bringing this back up because I've recently seen health related hubs talking about cures without disclaimers. Even a medical professional puts disclaimers on their content. I would caution anyone making claims in their hubs, especially without a disclaimer. The responses above come from seasoned, well respected hubbers.

6. CMHypno profile image89
    CMHypnoposted 6 years ago

I always put a disclaimer on the bottom of hubs I write about supplements, healthy foods, health etc saying that the info should never replace any advice given by their medical professional, if they are concerned they should consult their doctor before starting to use the supplement or food and that there is no guarantee that their health will improve.

These days I don't think that you can be too carful about these things