jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

Fame and Fortune.....NOT

1. SimeyC profile image87
    SimeyCposted 3 years ago

One of my hubs (or part of it) will be used in a readers theatre centered around the theme of the end of the world (it's my 101 things to do before the end of the world hub!).

While I won't gain any fame or fortune it's cool that my work is going to be part of an entry into an annual readers theater competition. Glad to see that my work on Hubpages can help schools with their projects!

I also recently found a link to one of my reviews on Animal Farm ( I think) as a resource for school children studying the book! and another hub (advantages of Excel) as being part of a homework assignment where students had to find articles explaining how Excel can be used beneficially!

I find this far more rewarding that the few dollars I might earn on here....

1. Mark Ewbie profile image83
      Mark Ewbieposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Nice one SimeyC - and yep, worth rather more than the few cents.

2. wjack2010 profile image59
    wjack2010posted 3 years ago

Cool. I presume HubPages is used quite a lot in schools, due to the vast knowledge and information on here.

3. Simone Smith profile image93
    Simone Smithposted 3 years ago

That's too cool, SimeyC! Definitely more fun than earning money.

I wish it were easier for us to know when our work makes an impact on others, as those who read our work rarely comment or contact us. It's such a pleasure to hear of instances in which the impact is made clear! Congratulations. smile

4. faythef profile image74
    faythefposted 3 years ago

that is awesome..congratulations

5. Nakia Deon profile image61
    Nakia Deonposted 3 years ago

Sooo cool!  congratulations!

1. KEAD profile image60
      KEADposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Great job and hub...beats the $$$ anyday. Keep it up!

6. Melovy profile image95
    Melovyposted 3 years ago

Congratulations! Great news.

7. 0
    Motown2Chitownposted 3 years ago

Simey, that's GREAT!  Congratulations, friend.  You'll make an impact on lots of folks this way.  Possibly for years to come.  smile