jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Application for Google AdSense- Is it time?

1. KEAD profile image60
    KEADposted 3 years ago

I have published 11 hubs at this point many which have been featured but am still tentative to apply for an Adsense account based on feedback I have read. I am wondering if it is time to give it a shot or wait until maybe 15-20 hubs are published?

1. Matthew Meyer profile image77
      Matthew Meyerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

As Simone stated, more content is usually better.  Although, there isn't a specific amount of content that AdSense requires, it appears that they are not as concerned with number of Hubs as total content.  So a bunch of short Hubs might not work as well as fewer longer and more in-depth Hubs.
      I think a month and 15-20 Hubs of good length could be a good starting point.

Please keep in mind that since we are not privy to the entire Google AdSense application process, all of our suggestions are guidelines and should not be taken as Google gospel! smile

1. KEAD profile image60
        KEADposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Matthew. Understand on not taking as gospel. I appreciate the feedback and think I will hold off until I publish a few more quality hubs and have been part of HubPages a bit longer. Most of my hubs are fairly long in comparison to others I've seen on HubPages so the content, length, and volume of hubs should be in compliance. Thanks again.

2. Simone Smith profile image90
    Simone Smithposted 3 years ago

I am of the 'better safe than sorry' school, though if you think you meet all the criteria we recommend, it's entirely fine to apply.

The conservative way to go, though, would be to wait until you've been on the site for at least one month- even if you have all your other ducks in a row. I have no concrete evidence saying that the length of one's membership makes a difference, but many of the folks I see getting rejected right off the bat (even if they already have 10+ Hubs) tend to have accounts that are just a couple of weeks old.

1. KEAD profile image60

Simone - I think you are right on. I'm not in a rush and the writing is what I ultimately enjoy. Like I wrote Matthew I'm going to hold off another month or two, cultivate a few more hubs, and give it a try late March or April. Thank you very much for the feedback.

3. Sphinxs Sanctum profile image74
    Sphinxs Sanctumposted 3 years ago

I'm fairly certain that I applied at just over a month of being here at HP.  I only had a handful of hubs, that are mostly poetry & I didn't have any problems with getting my application approved.  Not sure why or what Exactly, they are looking for; just thought I'd share my own experience.  Good Luck!

1. KEAD profile image60

2. psycheskinner profile image82
      psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

The requirements seem to have shifted pretty sharply upwards over the last few months.