jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

My Hub Showing as a page on bo.lt??

1. Alison Graham profile image93
    Alison Grahamposted 3 years ago

I have recently been checking for copied hubs of mine by pasting a snippet from my hub into the search box in ".."

Today, I searched for one of my hubs which had been idled. The initial search produced one result on this page http://bo.lt followed by /eeiha (link broken to avoid linking to the page from hubpages directly)

Underneath this search the Google message said did I want to do the search again with the omitted results included? I did this and got my own hub at position 4 (with three other pages by other bo.lt users all who appear to have 'saved' my hubpages article on bo.lt appearing above it.)

It seems that this site allows users to 'save' webpages but they are being indexed by Google as pages on the site and have an annoying pop up at the top of the page.

Can anyone tell me a bit more about this and what the likely damage is for my hub, for other hubbers and for hubpages as a whole- can I file DMCA - does this count as copied content?

Honestly, I am tearing my hair out, there is always some new scam!

2. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 3 years ago

as long as author credit is intact ... then I'd consider it as a link but I could be wrong ... I've been busy offline tongue

3. Alison Graham profile image93
    Alison Grahamposted 3 years ago

it is a complete reproduction of the page - it might count as a link - but I did not give permission for my hub to be copied, usually when a link is given, the reader is directed to the original page. In this case, pages other than my hub are showing up in search results (before my hub), so there is no reason for anyone to come to hubpages and view my article. Fair enough the ads are still showing but my hub got idled through lack of traffic!

4. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago

Their takedown page is here https://bo.lt/app/public/dmca-notice

1. Alison Graham profile image93
      Alison Grahamposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thank you very much, I have submitted the pages on their site which were copies of my hub and will see what happens.