jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

How to reply to a message through hubpages?

1. photographyadvice profile image77
    photographyadviceposted 4 years ago

I was sent a message through hubpages, but when I replied to it, the reply bounced back as undeliverable. Is there anyway I can reply to the message through hubpages, so when they next login to hubpages they can see my reply?

Or is sending messages completely separate to hubpages? (I note that when I click on notifications, I don't have a notification that I was sent a message, and can't see the message I was sent there).

Thanks

Dave

1. galleryofgrace profile image82
      galleryofgraceposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Fan mail is the only communication we have.

2. brakel2 profile image86
    brakel2posted 4 years ago via iphone

You can go to the person's profile and click on fan mail. When the screen comes up, in upper right corner, it should have an email entry. Click to send.

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image91
      mistyhorizon2003posted 4 years ago

I am afraid there is nothing you can do in these circumstances as clearly the person has a problem with their mailbox. At least you tried, but right now all you can hope is that they realise what has happened and contact you again. If you know what hub they used to make contact with you through you could try leaving a comment there in the hope they may pop back and see it. Is the commenter an actual Hubber themselves, or are they just a commenter on Hubpages?

2. photographyadvice profile image77
      photographyadviceposted 4 years ago

Thanks for the advice everyone. I would guess the person was a hubpages user, but I don't really know. The email just gave their contact details as "Joanne (nonworking@email.com)". I don't think Joanne would have been their hubpages username.

Hopefully if they're not a member of hubpages already they'll join and post the question in the answers section, then I can answer with my reply.

mistyhorizon2003posted 4 years ago in reply to this

If the message came to you in your email inbox (sent via Hubpages) did you simply use the 'Reply' feature, or did you manually start a new email and type in the 'nonworking@email.com' address into the 'To' box? Reason I ask is that if the person gave you their email address as part of the message they could have typed it wrongly in some way, but if you use the 'reply' feature in the email you got from them via Hubpages it should go straight back to the email address that their message was sent from.

1. photographyadvice profile image77
          photographyadviceposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the suggestion, I think I probably started a new message rather than clicking to reply. I tried reply now, but unfortunately the email address is still the non-working one sad

mistyhorizon2003posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Sorry to hear it didn't work, but it was worth a try anyway.

working