jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Have you already stopped or failed at your new years resolution?

1. Sean Evans profile image83
    Sean Evansposted 3 years ago

They say usually people quit in 4 to 6 weeks.  Is anyone still going strong on their resolution? If so how and whats keeping you going?

1. That Grrl profile image78
      That Grrlposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I spared myself the agony of defeat back in December. I resolved not to resolve or resolute anything. For instance, I ate chocolate ice cream for Valentine's Day, guilt and resolution free!

The skinny lovers be damned! I loved every spoonful.

2. paradigmsearch profile image91
    paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago

So far, I continue to get up every morning. So my New Year's resolution is still a resounding success. big_smile

1. That Grrl profile image78
      That Grrlposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Congratulations on that. Do you rely on an alarm clock to stick to your resolution or does the rooster keep on ticking?

1. paradigmsearch profile image91
        paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Amazingly, I automatically wake up around 4:00 AM every day. And am unable to go back to sleep. So I have no choice but to get up. I'm fine with that. 4:00 AM is a very peaceful time of the day as a matter of a fact. I enjoy it.

3. MissJamieD profile image81
    MissJamieDposted 3 years ago

I'm very proud to say that I have not given up on my New Year's resolution and have no plans to. I began working out and eating better and I continue to do so. I'm not expecting miracles, I just needed a more physical, healthy lifestyle, and I've made it happen. Little by little I feel muscle where there once was fat and I feel my dress size become smaller and smaller. All through hard work and persistence. I've never been able to get this far in my life, with the healthy lifestyle, so I'm very proud of myself and hope to be sexy by summer:)

4. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 3 years ago

I don't make resolutions.  I try to live the best I can each day, regardless of circumstances.  While goals can be helpful, I would rather focus on living and experiencing what the day brings. 

I thought I was going to focus on one room of my house each month, starting with the kitchen.  That didn't work!  lol

I have also decided not to get involved in contentious forum threads, so I haven't been posting much in the forums!  smile   But this isn't a resolution, it's simply a preference.