jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

Need clarification about 2 Topics I created.

1. dspallino profile image61
    dspallinoposted 4 years ago

Hey there Hubsters.

So I created 2 other topics but they're not showing up. When you click on the top left HubPages logo and brings you to the front page where you can see your activity, the 2 topics have Hub stamped next to them. Does that mean they are still under review?

Here are the links:
    Gun Control Is Actually Illegal.

Getting Into The Gaming World.

My first topic is floating around and has been commented upon.

Thanks.

2. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

You joined less than a day ago, therefore your hubs are most likely still under review. When I go to you profile you have no featured content yet.  So you work is published, but not indexed and not on your profile yet.

dspallinoposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hmm interesting. But then why is my first one posted? Created it today.

1. psycheskinner profile image80
        psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

All three are  posted (that is you can go to their exact url and read them, I click on your links and I see them).  But they are not on your profile ergo they are apparently not "featured" (not available to search engines).

Ah-ha. I see now. I just checked again and it says all 3 are "pending."

At least I know they haven't been trashed. ^_^

1. Marisa Wright profile image91
            Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Unfortunately your gun control one might be, because it's very short.  Your gaming Hub is also at risk because you've got quite a few typos in it.

Hubs are not blog posts, they are more like an article you'd read in a newspaper or magazine.  Your gun control Hub would've made a better forum post than a Hub (though of course, you can't earn money from a forum post).

Aim for at least 500 word when you write a Hub. Your Gaming Hub is on the right track, but be aware that people aren't notified when you update a Hub, so there's not much point in continuing to add more information to a Hub.  It's better to regard each Hub as a standalone article:  if you want to cover a new aspect of the subject, start a new Hub.   It's only worth updating a Hub if you can see ways to improve it, or if the information is out of date.

Where are there spelling errors in my Gaming Hub?

1. Marisa Wright profile image91
                Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Apologies, now I've checked, I find some of them were US spellings which I wasn't aware of.

You do have "patients" instead of "patience".  And "There you guys guys"

I also don't understand these two sentences at all:

"So now onto the getting into the career with who you want to be working for."

"These are all contrary to the company." 

It looks like that Hub has been accepted and is now Featured, so well done with that. I do think it could do with being edited so it sounds more polished.  That's the thing about writing for a living - no matter how well you think you've written something, you should always go back over it to make sure it reads well.  Good editing is the sign of a good writer.

Oh really? LOL didn't even notice those. Well I'm going to edit those regardless. Thanks. ^_^

working