jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Here's a Weird One....

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image91
    DzyMsLizzyposted 4 years ago

Leave it to me, the weirdness magnet....

I was writing a new hub today...and, unlike what I usually do, write it in MS Word, and copy/paste, I was in a hurry to get it published, as it is topical, so I was writing directly in the capsules.

I was all finished and went to do one last check on a link..and...dummy that I was (haste makes waste!) instead of right-clicking to open in a new tab, I just clicked normally on the link--it took me right to the link--but right on the page where I was working!!  When I clicked the back button, all my work was gone!  Disappeared!  I was mad at myself, and upset that I had to begin all over again, and try to remember exactly what I had said; what 'clever' turns of phrase, etc.

Well, I finally finished it for the second time and got it published.  Then, a mystery!  When I went to my groups, to assign it to an appropriate group, lo and behold, there were two instances of the identical title of this hub!

What does that mean?  Is the original actually lurking somewhere that I can't see it?  I did recall the exact title and format, so I thought if it was already still present, somehow saved, that on the second try, I'd have gotten a 'title taken' warning....I had failed to click 'save unpublished' at any point--was just hitting 'save' on each capsule as I completed them.  Is there an auto-save somewhere?  I'm baffled.

1. paradigmsearch profile image90
      paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

There used to be, but I sure as heck don't see it now.

I don't know if it is my browser. Or if they decided to drop that feature on their last upgrade.

DzyMsLizzyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I'm inclined to think we're playing in a world of opposites:  upgrade = downgrade.   tongue

Now, I did finally find the original--it's way at the bottom of my hubs list....but it was not there earlier.  So, I guess it did save, but some lag was involved in its showing up in the list.  Grr...now I'm twice as mad that I had to do everything twice for nothing!

However, apparently, the title was not quite identical--one says 'meteor,' the other 'meteorite.'  Sigh.   Now, I'll have to edit the second one that is actually published, in order to include a couple of things I missed remembering from the first edition.   Then, I'll delete the first one, I guess.  Don't want a duplicate content slap, after all!

It's Friday night, and I think it's high time for a glass of wine!

1. paradigmsearch profile image90
          paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Nah, we can't poke HP with a stick on this one. My error. They did not get rid of the "recover draft". And their auto-save is still alive and well. big_smile

2. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

THE "RECOVER DRAFT" IS STILL THERE!!!

In edit mode, at bottom of each capsule, next to green button.

My guess is it expires after awhile. That's why I didn't see it on my other hub.

DzyMsLizzyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Ah--I'll have to look more carefully.....thanks, paradigm!

working