jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

How to increase traffic in 2013 - What now after google panda/penguin?

1. Nikk0 profile image89
    Nikk0posted 3 years ago

I've been reading many posts regarding updated google algorithms, and how they mess with traffic. The latest (penguin/panda? ... can't make sense of it) seems to have put many hubbers through a bit of a beating. My question is, for those of us who are just starting out fresh on Hubpages this year, does anyone have any advice on how we can increase traffic  with the CURRENT google set up?

I'm finding it difficult to weed through all the older posts, and make sense of everything due to the fact that there have been so many google changes over the years. If anyone has any tips or overall summaries or thoughts for this year, I would greatly appreciate it.

(The hub I'm trying to increase in google ranking is about Vampire sightings... I noticed after writing it that there was a previously written similar hub, so I plan on making mine more comprehensive. I am trying to get this on first page google!)

Thank you!

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Google "The Keyword Academy" and see if you can sign up.  It's not easy to get into, often it's open for only a few days before it closes again.  You probably don't need to stay a member after the first trial month, because your main aim is to read the core lessons.

The advice on how to do well post-Panda is not specific to HubPages.   Google judges all websites the same.   The Keyword Academy's core lessons explain exactly what the current thinking is. 

One thing to be aware of is that Google is constantly tweaking and updating its algorithms. Advice on "how to beat Panda" from last year may be wrong this year.  Besides, webmasters are only guessing how to beat Panda and Penguin because Google is so secretive about them.

The bottom line is that to earn money, you need your Hubs to appear in the Google search results. Google uses an algorithm to judge whether your Hubs are good enough to appear there.  Panda and Penguin are part of that system. 

I wrote a Hub about how to get readers for your Hubs - you'll find it in the slider on my profile - which gives an overview on the impact they had and what to do now.

2. 61
    mcxniftycallsposted 3 years ago

What ever be the updates, the best and long lasting strategy is to write quality and original content using keyword with in article and title that looks natural and make sense.
    Google can change anything in algorithm
    but can't change to show contents related to query typed in search box (exact keywords).

3. LisaMarie724 profile image84
    LisaMarie724posted 3 years ago

Honestly the best way to do well now is social media.  Google is really looking at articles (hubs) that are being liked on Facebook, shared on Twitter, +1 on Google +, etc.  These articles will rank higher in search engines, even if they are not as good as other ones on the same topic.  I have a small Facebook group that we do daily activities to improve traffic to our hubs.  Anyone is free to join.  If you want to here is the link : <link snipped>