jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (20 posts)

Help, says my page doesn't exist.

1. LisaMarie724 profile image83
    LisaMarie724posted 3 years ago

I published a hub a few days ago but when I shared the link on facebook and followed it back it says page does not exist?  What should I do?  The link is : http://lisamarie724.hubpages.com/hub/Be … p-Remover-

1. wilderness profile image93
      wildernessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

The link works fine for me.  Suggest you try it again on FB, just copy and past the URL.  Maybe you had an extra space in it or something?

LisaMarie724posted 3 years ago in reply to this

It keeps saying 410 page doesn't exist.  I have no clue what this means, is there anyway to fix it?

The hub isn't brand new, is it?  I've had trouble with FB picking up photos, at least, when they are just published.  Sometimes it takes several hours before FB can "see" them.

If you've tried posting the URL again, via copy/paste, and it isn't brand new, then I don't know.  Sorry.

No, I published a day or two ago.

Can you point me to the FB page where you posted it?  Maybe I can spot something.

Heres the link :https://www.facebook.com/lisa.stover.9

The FB page gives two links.  One is what you typed in and one is in the box that FB puts up.

The one in the box does not have the final dash and will never work.

The one you typed in (or copy/pasted) has a dash, but on my screen it appears that the dash is not a part of the URL (it's not blue and is not underlined when I mouse over it).  If I copy either one and add the dash they work, but only then.

I tried several times to make my own FB accept it and can't.  You can't change the url of the hub, either. 

The only possibility I see is to wait until google indexes it, do a google search for a section of text and copy the url that google produces in the search.  That can then be put into FB as a link to the hub, but it is a mish mash of letters and symbols with no indication of what the link is actually to.  The link works, but looks horrible on the FB page.

Do you know why it's doing that?

2. LCDWriter profile image94
    LCDWriterposted 3 years ago

I can see the page from the link you posted (about eye make up remover, right?)  Not sure what is going on.  Maybe a glitch that has been fixed now?

When I click the link on here (that I posted above) it takes me to the article.  But, when I share it on facebook if someone clicks the link it says page doesn't exist.  Has anyone heard of this happening before or is there anything I can do to fix it?

3. Aficionada profile image93
    Aficionadaposted 3 years ago

I had a look at this, since I have seen similar problems that had a variety of causes.

The link that works (from this current thread) ends with a hyphen: Best-Eye-Makeup-Remover-

On Facebook, there are two different links: one with the hyphen and one without. I don't know why the one that (correctly) has the hyphen does not work. It may be that FB stripped it in some way, since the second link shows up without the hyphen.

Have you tried deleting the FB post or link and adding the link back in again? Maybe typing it in, letter by letter? What method did you use when you posted it originally?

For some reason, FB is stripping it - if you look carefully at the one with the hyphen it isn't a part of the link but is instead just a hyphen following the link. 

I have no idea why that hyphen is there in the URL but it might be something to keep in mind and watch for.

2. LisaMarie724 profile image83

I tried to type it in every which way, for some reason facebook is adding it.

4. waynet profile image46
    waynetposted 3 years ago

This is great!....I love your promotion style! wink

5. brakel2 profile image87
    brakel2posted 3 years ago via iphone

I have had trouble with Facebook also. Do you think they don't want our links?

I'm not sure, but I hope that's not the case as I do a lot of promotion for my hubs on there.

working