jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (16 posts)

Am I on the right track?

1. profile image82
    citizen10posted 4 years ago

Hi guys, I have been here about a week and am loving the experience but I just wanted to find out if I am doing anything wrong. After publishing 3 Hubs I have a total of 16 views from Google and have made 4 cents. I am wondering if this is standard or if there is something I need to fix. I understand that this may be normal and if that's the case, than great! But I just don't want to keep investing time if I am doing something wrong. Thanks

1. Zelkiiro profile image83
      Zelkiiroposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Sounds like my first week. Except you actually got views.

1. wilderness profile image94
        wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

lol  I had to LOL at that - sounds like my first week was about like yours! smile

2. Californialaw profile image60
      Californialawposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hi Citizen-

That makes your CPM at about $2.50, which sounds right. CPMs can fluctuate but thats not necessarily even a bad one. As you can see- its hard to make a living online smile a decent amount of regular traffic has to be generated

2. profile image82
    citizen10posted 4 years ago

thanks for your reply, how long did it take before your traffic picked up?

It really didn't. I've only had meaningful traffic on one of my hubs, which was a review of the second season of a TV show. Why that one had all the traffic, I have no clue, but it has 1700+ views while everything else is at 250 or lower.

Just hope and pray that you're writing on a subject that's popular?

3. Paul Maplesden profile image88
    Paul Maplesdenposted 4 years ago

Hi there. Getting traffic to your hubs in the early days (before you get decent traffic from Google) can be tricky. There are several things that you can do to enhance your chances, they are:

-    Search Engine Optimization (onsite)
    -    Search Engine Optimization (offsite)
    -    Content Marketing
    -    Social Media
    -    Blogging
    -    Building Expertise

I've written a hub that covers all of these areas and I hope that you might find it helpful; you can find it linked from my profile.

"I've written a hub that covers all of these areas and I hope that you might find it helpful; you can find it linked from my profile."

You sneaky rogue, you...

4. Fastian profile image79
    Fastianposted 4 years ago

With only three hubs how do you have Google ad sense account?

1. Relationshipc profile image91
      Relationshipcposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It's possible. For me, I had an adsense account outside of HubPages, before I joined. So it was just a matter of hooking HubPages up to my already formed adsense account.

5. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 4 years ago

If you have a site or blog with adsense account, simply add HP to it.  Does not take long to get it connected to HP when you already have an adsense account.

6. daydreams profile image91
    daydreamsposted 4 years ago

That's better than me - I have made 1 pence in a bit over a week (which is maybe equivalent to 2 cents). My tactic is to experiment until I hopefully find something I know about that people want to read about.

7. dailytop10 profile image89
    dailytop10posted 4 years ago

That's an impressive first week if you ask me. Mine started out slow but eventually got better as I published more. Good luck!

8. lusekelo profile image60
    lusekeloposted 4 years ago

I suggest you focus on writing epic content first for about a month,since nice quality content will result in more people checking out your hub pages which will increase the chance of your ad sense ads being clicked and thus earning you more cash with adsense.There for quality content should come first and monetization later.

9. tiffanyz profile image61
    tiffanyzposted 4 years ago

I agree lusekelo
    I haven't made any money either,  but I will keep writing .

1. lusekelo profile image60
      lusekeloposted 4 years ago in reply to this

that's the spirit.Keep on writing quality content and eventually you will get there.it just takes a little patience and consistency.

working