jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (14 posts)

Do you like mornings?

1. MissJamieD profile image81
    MissJamieDposted 3 years ago

Are you a morning person? Are you a night owl? How do you deal with mornings if you aren't a morning person?

If I have to get up before 9 AM I do not want to hear anyone's voice for at least 30 minutes or I will bite their head off. I love being up late. It's dark and quiet and everybody else is sleeping:) I cannot stand morning! Especially without coffee!!

1. Stove And Home profile image93
      Stove And Homeposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I am a morning person.  I like waking up while it is still a bit dark outside, before the world around me wakes up. I like the quiet except if I decide to put the TV on at a low volume. I also have more motivation to get things done in the a.m.

My husband, however, is like you. He needs a pot of coffee and about an hour of silence to wake up. I think more people fall into your category!

1. MissJamieD profile image81
        MissJamieDposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I wish I knew the science of this. Maybe I will research it and write a hub on the scientific reasons as to why particular people excel at different times of the day. Maybe it's the atmosphere, maybe it's our brain, maybe it's seasonal. Not sure, but thanks so much for answering. My ex husband was like you. He loved being up before the sunset and loved to watch it come up and the animals start rustling around outside. I like both times of day but prefer the night. Thanks for sharing.

2. 0
      Sarra Garrettposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I love mornings, early mornings and listening for the first birds song breaking the night silence.  It's the best time of the day.  But now I have insomnia really bad so I've been up all night long so I guess I hate the nights and love the early mornings.  Where's my coffee??????

2. gosupress profile image76
    gosupressposted 3 years ago

I love the quiet times. It's great for me to get up really early(like 4-5h) and and go to bed really early but it also works the other way around. Although in that case I enjoy the night but usually feel terrible during what's left of the day.

3. mirra profile image62
    mirraposted 3 years ago

I love how mornings look! They are the start of a brand new day and always have a beautiful look about them. The sad thing is I have a really hard time waking up early. I love to stay up late watching shows and relaxing by myself. I have never been able to go to sleep before 11pm. I wish I was less of a night owl so that I could enjoy the beautiful mornings more often!

4. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago

I'm usually up at 4:00 AM. From then until noon is when I feel my best and get things done. After noon I'm pretty uninspired and useless. What will be will be.

5. Zelkiiro profile image85
    Zelkiiroposted 3 years ago

Mornings are my fscking kryptonite.

6. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 3 years ago

I used to hate mornings, but now I love them. I can hardly wait to get up, have my coffee, and hit the 'puter to see what's going on in the world. Strangely, I'm also a night owl and always have been. I can't sleep for long periods at a time, so I usually stay up late, get up early, and take a nap during the day.

1. lilmissmontana profile image91
      lilmissmontanaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I am much the same. I love to be up at night, but I love to be up early. It doesn't work well all week long, but a few nights a week I stay up until midnight and still wake up at 5am. I'm not tired or drowsy. I guess I just don't need that much sleep.

7. adorablebaby profile image60
    adorablebabyposted 3 years ago

only if i sleep early

8. lilmissmontana profile image91
    lilmissmontanaposted 3 years ago

I am up every morning at about 5am and I LOVE it! I used to be a night owl, but since my daughter was born, I prefer mornings.

I have my cup of coffee, watch some news and of course watch my favorite television show, Full House. After that I have all the time in the world to get my daily workout in, plan for dinner and clean house. By the time I'm done with all those necessary to-dos, it's only about 9:00 and I still have the rest of the day to enjoy.

9. healthyfitness profile image83
    healthyfitnessposted 3 years ago

Total night owl. I love the peace and quiet of the night time.

10. Eccentric-Lhee profile image93
    Eccentric-Lheeposted 3 years ago

I used to be a night owl until I started hitting the gym and getting more active, now I am in bed early and up early, I get more done in the mornings now and enjoy the time to myself while I have my morning tea.