jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Anyone use Internet Explorer and having problems with it today?

1. moonlake profile image88
    moonlakeposted 3 years ago

I'm having a terrible problems with IE. Every website I try to go on something else pops up most are ads it will not go on the sites not even on Hubpages. Anyone else having this problem?

1. drspaniel profile image86
      drspanielposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hi there,

To me, it seems that you either have a virus on your computer that is causing all your search terms to re-direct you to another web address, or you may have downloaded another program that has installed a toolbar onto your IE that re-directs you to this other site.

Here is my solution:

Run a full scan on your computer and make sure that there are no viruses, infections or trojans currently on your system.

Now, go onto IE and make sure that your search bar is with Google, Bing or whomever you wish to search with.

Once done, (if all else fails) switch to an alternative browser such as Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari. To be honest with you, Google Chrome is a much faster alternative to IE anyway, and I would highly recommend that you change.

Hope this helps you,

1. lrc7815 profile image94
        lrc7815posted 3 years ago in reply to this

There is a rampant virus that hijacks your search engine and IE seems to be particularly vulnerable.  I was hit a few months ago and it took me hours upon hours to find a fix.  I don't like to post links in forums but... I wrote a hub about the problem and the fix, with links to the files/sites that you need to repair IE.  It's titled "How I Fixed The Computer Virus That Hijacked My Search Engines".  You might find it helpful.

2. kashmir56 profile image62
    kashmir56posted 3 years ago

Hi my friend sounds like you have a virus on your computer do a full scan now.

3. moonlake profile image88

Thanks to all of you I have been working on it today. I will let you know if I get it off it has to be a virus but I have ran everything I can possibly run and nothing has helped and it is only in IE.

4. moonlake profile image88

I have done anything and everything I can do I still can't get this hijacker off my computer. Today I was testing it and I went to a site BEST OATMEAL COOKIES and the site that came up was WALMART. I went on Safari and went to BEST OATMEAL COOKIES and the site was best OATMEAL COOKIES,
    I have ran:
    Microsoft Soft Safety Scanner
    Microsoft MRI
    Microsoft Windows Security Essentials
    I don't know what else to do guess I will have to use the other browsers I have. I hate that I'm use to IE. If anyone has any other suggestion I would appreciate it, for sure.

1. lrc7815 profile image94
      lrc7815posted 3 years ago in reply to this

If it is truly an IE browser hijack, it is a rootkit virus and the steps in my hub (mentioned here earlier) should fix it. At least it fixed it for me.

2. Sapper profile image73
      Sapperposted 3 years ago in reply to this

This won't be what you want to hear, but there are simple steps to not only fix the problem, but make sure it never comes back.

Step 1. Uninstall IE
      Step 2. Use literally any other browser
      Step 3.????
      Step 4. Profit

I do all the stuff you aren't supposed to do, I will occasionally click on links in emails, I fill out surveys (I think they are like Willy Wonka's Golden Ticket, somewhere out there is a real one that wants to give me free stuff for clicking a few buttons, so if I don't fill them out, how will I find it,) I put stuff I can't repeat here in phishing emails to tell them what I really think. My wife, on the other hand, does non of that stuff. She just uses IE, because she won't listen to me. She gets virus' all the time, and I never do.

All joking aside, except the surveys, I'm gonna win some day, IE is crap. It always has been, and always will be. Save yourself a headache, and switch to anything else.

1. moonlake profile image88
        moonlakeposted 3 years ago in reply to this

It's finally working I had IE8 so I download IE9 now it goes onto the right webpages. One reason I like IE I can see it better my eyes are not good. Google Chrome and Safari are so small and hard to see.