jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (17 posts)

Formal Apology to Hubpages Forum Users

1. Shanna11 profile image90
    Shanna11posted 3 years ago

Hi everyone, I’m going to keep this short and as non-dramatic as possible for your sakes.

I just wanted to apologize for my behavior on the forums these past few days. I can make no excuse for the way I acted, other than to promise that it won’t happen again. I deserved my banning and accept full responsibility for the out-of-line and inappropriate things I said and did. I had a period of quiet reflection- please believe that I really do feel quite terrible and penitent.

I wasn’t helping to solve any problems, I was only creating them and blowing them up and for that I also apologize. Randy, I sincerely apologize specifically to you for everything I said and promise from now on to leave you alone.

Summerberrie- I sincerely apologize to you as well. I know you meant well and I was just being stupid about the whole thing. There’s nothing more I can really say here other than to express my heartfelt apologies for how I treated you, a complete stranger, with a lack of respect.

To anyone else who was affected by the things I said or did in any negative way, please accept my apologies and sincere promises that I will not engage in that kind of behavior again. I was hypocritical and acted shamefully for childish reasons. In the future I will try to be part of the solution in a respectful, adult manner, or I will not involve myself at all. I understand that I was not creating a friendly, polite atmosphere and that I was instead contributing heavily to what others called a “toxic” environment.

Until then, I’m imposing a forum ban on myself for a few weeks until I can further get my head screwed on straight.

Again, please accept my sincere and heartfelt apologies.

1. MelissaBarrett profile image61
      MelissaBarrettposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I think that almost everyone in that thread assed themselves Shanna.  It happens. Hugs to you, and hurry back.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
        Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

That's true, I know I did!   I didn't even see your contribution Shanna.  I'm sure most people have forgotten it already.  Peace.

1. MelissaBarrett profile image61
          MelissaBarrettposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Actually I thought you showed quite a bit of grace.  You walked away, wish I would have smile

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
            Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks MB

2. Simone Smith profile image92
    Simone Smithposted 3 years ago

Wow, Shanna11. I don't know if I've ever seen someone do this before (though I might not have been spending all that much time in the Forums over the years).

I admire that you've said this and only wish that everyone were mature enough to own up to things they regret. You're an inspiration to me! Here's hoping I can follow in your footsteps.

1. K9keystrokes profile image93
      K9keystrokesposted 3 years ago in reply to this

2. Rochelle Frank profile image89
      Rochelle Frankposted 3 years ago in reply to this

ditto, too.

1. habee profile image92
        habeeposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Double ditto!

3. donotfear profile image89
    donotfearposted 3 years ago

I admire your boldness and willingness to do what feels right in your heart.

4. 0
    Motown2Chitownposted 3 years ago

Shanna, you are a woman of great poise and wisdom.  We all fall occasionally, especially when we feel provoked.  That you are choosing to rise above those feelings and to own your part in an unpleasant experience is laudable.  I think anyone with a sincere heart will appreciate this apology and offer forgiveness.

5. ktrapp profile image91
    ktrappposted 3 years ago

"All men make mistakes, but only wise men learn from their mistakes."
    Winston Churchill

Apologizing can be a very difficult thing to do, especially publicly. I'm glad you took the time to reflect and address the people you feel you offended. Good luck to you, Shanna.

6. DrMark1961 profile image93
    DrMark1961posted 3 years ago

I dont know if it helps, but I read most of the forums but dont usually participate because of all the negative comments. I use my mouse a lot, my keyboard rarely.
    You are awesome for making this apology.

1. K9keystrokes profile image93
      K9keystrokesposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You and I manage the forums in a very similar manner these days, Mark. Happy paws, sir.
      To Shanna11; Namaste--

7. fastfreta profile image79
    fastfretaposted 3 years ago

I was just perusing the forum for interesting subjects, although I don't participate that much, just like to read.  I don't know what happened, that initiated this, but I just had to comment.

This was so beautiful, I don't think I've ever seen anything quite like this before on the Internet.  Usually when negative words have been exchanged, they are just left hanging out in cyberspace.  But this, this tops it all.  I so admire you Shanna11.  I don't know you, but I'm going over and follow you so I can keep up with a class act such as you.

Thanks again for that very bright spot to my day!smile smile smile

8. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago

Shanna11, you have aptly demonstrated your complete elan and maturity regarding the situation at hand. You are indeed a lady. You exemplify complete professionalism.  God bless and have a lovely night.

9. Shanna11 profile image90
    Shanna11posted 3 years ago

Thank you all, but I would have demonstrated more maturity and poise had I simply not engaged in that kind of behavior in the first place. I don't believe I am worthy of any compliments in light of my actions, nor should I be commended for my apology. It was a necessary action. But thank you for all the same for accepting it and for your kind words. smile