jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

What's the nicest, sweetest, best thing anyone has ever said to you?

1. Healthy Pursuits profile image89
    Healthy Pursuitsposted 3 years ago

People have said nice things to you, loving things, wonderful things, unforgettably beautiful things. What are your top picks for the most wonderful things ever said to you?

I'll begin. I started going to a friend's grandmother's house when I was 12, because she was warm and accepting and interesting. She was a retired school teacher who had taught many years in a one-room school house. She never once told me she was busy or acted like my visits were inconvenient. She taught me how to enjoy Shakespeare, how to play chess and introduced me to a lot of authors I wouldn't have known until college.

One day, for no particular reason, she said to me that I would have an interesting life and do a lot of good, because I not only had a good mind, but a good heart. I was floored by that, because that kind of thing was not said in my slightly puritan home. I never forgot it and she is still very fresh in my mind, even though she's been gone for over 40 years.

2. Greekgeek profile image98
    Greekgeekposted 3 years ago

"You look like Darth Vader, only girly."

— My six-year-old neighbor complimenting me on the black cloak I was wearing while handing out Halloween candy.

While other people have given me greater compliments, that one makes me smile inside, every time I remember it. I've gotten a lot of joy out of those silly yet earnest words.

3. Healthy Pursuits profile image89

That's so cute! I know, kids are so great when they're giving compliments.

4. MissJamieD profile image80
    MissJamieDposted 3 years ago

My boyfriend, when we first started talking, told me that he couldn't imagine how my ex treated me so horribly because I'm beautiful and I light up the room when I walk in.

He has said more to me (and truly means it) than anyone has in my life, I could go on all day about the sweet things he's said to me.

5. Healthy Pursuits profile image89

That's wonderful! A man who treats you well and sees your beauty is such a gift in your life. And you deserve it, too.

6. quicksand profile image85
    quicksandposted 3 years ago

"I'll sort this out for you even if you have done wrong!"

7. healthyfitness profile image84
    healthyfitnessposted 3 years ago

I got called pretty by a young girl. I think it holds more meaning because kids are so honest big_smile

8. LagunaAlkaline profile image87
    LagunaAlkalineposted 3 years ago

I was getting a portrait done with my boyfriend this weekend from a street artist and he said "You are a tough model.  Do you know why?  Because you are so beautiful."

9. 60
    dominiczposted 3 years ago

Goodbye, love.

10. benashiraz profile image80
    benashirazposted 3 years ago

No one has ever said a nice thing to me sad All has been lies sad
    Only thing that's echoing in my head is, someone told me I'm very immature and that there are better girls out there for that person, and that I've ruined that person's life by walking into that person's life. That person  said the most horrible things anyone has ever told me.

11. paradigmsearch profile image91
    paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago

Q: What's the nicest, sweetest, best thing anyone has ever said to you?

"You may have already won $10,000,000!"

12. RawatHimanshu profile image75
    RawatHimanshuposted 3 years ago

"Your smile is so sweet. It lightens my heart."
    -by my boyfriend. I felt this special because I don't like my smile, but after his compliment I just love smiling (for him). :-)